This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I go home now??

We're short handed today (we have one tech in the field today) and the owner decided yesterday to take an impromptu trip to the Bahamas since I'm moving in a month and he figures this is his last chance for a vacation. So, look what I've had today!

A stupid lady comes in to buy 2 jugs of chlorine. You exchange your jug for a full one plus $4. She spends 5 minutes staring at the 20 jugs on the shelf before choosing her jugs. She puts them in the car and then comes in to pay:

SL - I have 2 jugs of chlorine.
    ME - That will be $8.
    SL - They are both leaking in my brand new car. What are you going to do about it?
    ME - You can bring them back in and exchange them for 2 new ones. Sometimes they develop leaks.
    SL - It's my new car, what are you going to do about it?
    ME - I'm sorry, but exchanging them is all I can do for you. They do have warnings on the jugs about the possiblity of leaks.
    SL - Well, I'll never shop here again. (that was the first time I've ever seen her anyway)

For my next act - 2 women came in. They had called the answering service last night for a service call. I wrote the call and gave it to the tech. He had already been out there and they weren't home so he left a note (we don't do service calls if no one is home to pay)

W1 - I called for a service call and he came and he didn't do anything.
    ME - Yes, you weren't home, so he left a note to reschedule. We can come back out tomorrow.
    W1 - No, that won't do. So, I want 2 of your smallest bags of salt and a 1.5 lb bottle of iron remover. You also need to load the salt. (right, I don't do that! )
    ME - The smallest bags I have are 60 lb. They're $6 each.
    W1 - That's the smallest?! Fine, you have to load them.

Right then a salesman walks in and offers to load the salt for them. W1 then proceeds to complain to him for 10 minutes about something or other. She finally goes out to her car and yells back at me:

W1 - Hey! Why hasn't the salt been loaded yet?
    ME - Well, It's kind of hard for C to talk to you and load salt at the same time. He's bringing it out right now.
    W2 walks back in to get the iron remover that they forgot.
    W2 - Sorry, guess I'll have to go home and deal with her now.

And my best one of the day! This crazy lady (CL) called in for a service call for low pressure. I explained that we were short handed and had numerous emergency no water calls and the best we could do was tomorrow since she does have water. After much fit throwing, I offered to have the tech B call her. She only called 3 more times after that, until her nasty boyfriend called!

NB - My name is nasty boyfriend and CL told me that she has a problem with the water. We spent a lot of money and I want something done now.
    ME - Well, I explained to CL 4 times that no one can come out there today because we are short handed and have many no water calls. I told her that someone could come tomorrow and that B would call her when he got a chance today.
    NB - Here's what you're going to do, you will call CL with a list of plumbers that you recommend.
    ME - I don't have any plumbers to recommend. I am going to have B call her.
    NB - Then B will have to recommend plumbers unless he is going to come out there today.
    ME - B will be calling her when he has a chance, but he does not have a list of plumbers either. We can come out there tomorrow.
    NB - Well, she will be coming down to the office and pulling some hair out. You do not want that, so what you will do is call CL with a list of plumbers, or you will call her and tell her what time to expect B, or you will call her and tell her you are very sorry but in spite of the money that we spent with you, you will not be sending someone out there and sorry about you.
    Me - What I will be doing is having B call CL and talk to her about the problem since we can't come out today.

Repeat the list of what I will do 3 more times! (Then I got fed up

Me - Once again I will be having B call CL. Now since you have been telling me how and what I'm going to do for a while now are there any steps that you think that you may have left out? Is there something else that you seem to think I ought to be doing?
    NB - No, it's simple you will do one of the 2 things that I told you to do.
    ME - No, I will have B call CL. You do have water at your house and we can't do a service call until tomorrow. That's all I am going to do.
    NB - Well, we'll see.

So, now I just really want to go home! And why wasn't I invited to the Bahamas too?

This is one of the few reasons why I like working at my store; we sell poll shock during the summer (hear the stuff's real fun when mixed with fertilizer), and not only do we have a large sign over the stuff explaining that the caps are vented and may leak when tilted, but we also have those signs by the register; and, those same register signs say that we can't be held responsible for any damages done. Yay! ^_^
    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Wanna come to arizona? its not as watery but i sure its far away from them. And we have the weird towns.

Comment

NB - Here's what you're going to do
        This is the quickest way to get on my $hit list. You will not tell me what I'm going to do. I will tell you what I'm going to do, and you will either deal with it and move on, or you will make a polite request. You do not get to tell me what I'm going to do, especially if I've just told you it's not possible. :P
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
        X