This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're ignoring me on purpose!

So now that I'm back from partying this Memorial Day weekend and finishing exams and what not, I get to come back home and therefore work at the soul-sucking pizza place. It's amazing how well I picked things back up after being gone for a while, but I was really really really hoping I wouldn't have to post a story. Unfortunately, Mr. I-Sit-At-My-Table-With-A-Stopwatch just had to screw things up for me.....

One of my pet peeves is when people will get carry out and sit at one of the tables in my section where a paying customer sits. And then this guy said: "Do you think you could get us water or something?" So he basically just sat there so he wouldn't have to tip me and leave his carryout trash for me to clean up. My manager even told him that what he was doing was against our policy, and Goosey had other tables to tend to that know how to read a fucking sign. (Not his exact words, but you know). I told him I would get it in a second, but my paying customers had needs, so it took a bit longer. So then he says "I've been sitting here for 15 minutes!" Which is total bull; anyone who works with me knows how fast I run around; scrambling to get everyone what they need. He ended up walking out and muttering under his breath about that "spoiled brat" and other lovely little things that I don't care to repeat. I didn't care, though....I was busy waiting on the owner and his family who left me a 50 percent tip and talking all the while to his friends about how I'm one of his best servers. So there!

Looks like it's going to be a fun SC-filled summer for GG.
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

So let me get this straight--he brought food in from another restaurant, demanded service from you, and called you names because you made your paying customers a priority?? See, this is exactly why I don't want to work in food anymore. The entitlement issuses are exponentially multiplied. The manager should have kicked him out.

I had some kids in last night that were all "have a good night!" as they left, and then I went to the seating area and saw the mess all over the table and floor. They left their used-up sunflower seed shells for me to clean up. Uh, yeah, thanks.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I dont think the customer brought in food from another restaurant. I think she is saying that the customer made a carryout order, paid for it, then sat down to eat it. Since he already paid for it he could not leave a tip, but still ask the server for water, and leave his trash there.

Comment

More than leave a tip or not, in here many (most) restaurants charge a %10 over cost for service (apaprt from tip) that goes to servers. If you ask for carryout you would be screwing the server off their 10% as well
        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

That would drive me nuts too . . . people would order a carry-out and then sit down and eat it . . . the thing is, is that the pizza place I worked at had NO tables. We just had four little chairs (and an extrememly small lobby area) for people to sit in while they're waiting for their food.

A couple of teenagers came in and did that, they had the courtesy to at least ask. It being dead and having hardly any customers in the store all morning and plus it one of them was a regular customer whom I knew very well (and I still know to this day), I opted to let them sit and eat. After finished eating, his friends bailed on him and left, he stayed behind to clean up their garbage.
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

In some places, carry-out and dine-in food is taxed differently. Dining in is considered a luxury enjoyed only by the rich or visitors -- it has a much higher tax rate than carry-out food which locals are taking home.

At McD's in small towns in the South, you'll see the sales tax listed on the receipt as either dine-in or carry-out.

I've only seen one store ask someone to leave who had ordered his food carry-out but then take a table. The manager told him that tables were reserved for his dine-in patrons.

Comment

Quoth Auto View Post
              In some places, carry-out and dine-in food is taxed differently. Dining in is considered a luxury enjoyed only by the rich or visitors -- it has a much higher tax rate than carry-out food which locals are taking home.

At McD's in small towns in the South, you'll see the sales tax listed on the receipt as either dine-in or carry-out.
              Erm.... That's actually a myth. It may say "Dine in tax" or "Carry out tax" on the receipt, but that's not what it means. It's the same price either way, it's just that's where they choose to put whether it's an order "for here" or "to go".
              Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

I guess I should clarify that the food isn't taxed differently or anything, the guy was just being an ass and wanted me to clean up his trash. Also, Food Lady, it was carry out food from our restaurant, but our policy is that you have to be sat in the dining room and open a check there for service. We had issues with people thinking they could just sit around and trash the restaurant with carry out boxes and the like.

I think he also called me a little b**ch as well, but I don't think it's worth it to get worked up over someone who gets a rise out of harassing restaurant workers.
                "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

It is worth noting that in Warshington state restaurants have to pay more sales tax than normal shops do, 9.3 percent instead of 8.8. But a different tax for dining in and carrying out would be way to hard to keep track of.

That may seem like a lot but remember we have no income tax in this state.
                  You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Working...
                  X