Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time again--F*ck you Mother Nature!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's that time again--F*ck you Mother Nature!

I made my drive into work today in the pouring rain. The drive home was in snow, sleet and slush.

I had a decent amount of slop to brush off my car before I could even go. And it was windy as hell too today. Cold and raw.

Why, oh why couldn't this wait a couple weeks until I no longer have to drive half an hour to get to work?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    ... this wait a couple weeks...
    Cause your Mutha¹ loves you more than us, bless her heart.

¹Naychur, that is.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm so glad we haven't seen any snow down here yet . . . last year we saw our first snow right after Thanksgiving (IIRC) and had 3 inches on Christmas Day.

We had close to 70 degrees today and sunny but we're also expecting rain and another front to come through (projected high for Friday is only around 53 . . .BRRRRRRRRRRR.)

I wish I could live in the tropics so I don't have to deal with the cold and arthritis . . .

I think Dalesys hit the nail on the head . . . Mutha Naychur wuvs you . . .
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Also, who won the betting pool this year for Irv's annual thanksgiving song?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Also, who won the betting pool this year for Irv's annual thanksgiving song?
          I didn't even know there was one.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Here I am, feeling sorry for myself because I have to drive 7-10 miles to work (on the highway!) in snow that covered slush which in turn was after the rain*.

I was NOT a happy camper, and the MOTH and my mom had to collect me from work. Well, the MOTH got my car and Mommy drove home. It sucked. My car sucks. And as a matter of fact, my f'ing boss sucks, too.

*Let's remember, I don't LIKE driving, avoid it when I can, and I haven't driven in crap weather like this for a long time.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Thought you were getting off easy down there Irv - no accumulation? Started to stick to grass around noon, roads about three up here, but inland is really getting socked. They're welcome to it.

Comment

It is indeed that time of year again....when I get to kick back, relax, walk around in shorts and sandals, and smile a big ole smile as I remember that I live down here, where half the fun of living down here is laughing at the people who live Up North where the weather sucks big snowballs.

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                I wish I could live in the tropics so I don't have to deal with the cold and arthritis . . .
                Hi there! Greetings from the tropics! Gorgeous day here today, nice breeze blowing, a bit cooler, about 78-82 degrees or so, if I had to guess.

Yeah, I'm a bastard. And your point being?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Yeah, I'm a bastard. And your point being?
                  You're not a bastard. Unless I'm wrong in assuming that your parents were married when you were born.

You're an evil, evil, EVIL man, and I can't wait for a time when I can pelt you with snowballs.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Y'all gonna hate me now....it's a nice sunny 27C outside at the moment
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I guess they got socked more up north where the precipitation may have been all snow.

(by the by, I'm typinb this on my android phone as a test. So forgive any typos I may have made as a result of my fingers being too fat and I need to obtain a special typing wand or something. )
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                        You're not a bastard. Unless I'm wrong in assuming that your parents were married when you were born.

You're an evil, evil, EVIL man, and I can't wait for a time when I can pelt you with snowballs.
                        To be fair, my parents were, in fact, married when I was born. Hell, they were married for THIRTEEN YEARS when I was born. So there's no room for even an intimation that I am in any way illegitimate. Of course, when I said I was a bastard, I was talking more in the sense of my being an evil, evil, EVIL man. Which you seem to agree with.

As for pelting me with snowballs, I hope you have a good portable freezer, because I live in the tropics, I'm from Arizona, and I don't go Up North during the winter, as it's Cold Up There!

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        Y'all gonna hate me now....it's a nice sunny 27C outside at the moment
                        I don't hate you. I think that's lovely. Now, excuse me while I go do the conversion to Fahramericanheit.....

Oh, 81. Well, being as it's currently 75F here at night, and 81 is just a few degrees or so warmer than that, I'm right there with you.

Of course, while *I* don't hate you, you DO realize that THEY will, right?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          To be fair, my parents were, in fact, married when I was born. Hell, they were married for THIRTEEN YEARS when I was born. So there's no room for even an intimation that I am in any way illegitimate. Of course, when I said I was a bastard, I was talking more in the sense of my being an evil, evil, EVIL man. Which you seem to agree with.

Quoth Jester View Post
                          As for pelting me with snowballs, I hope you have a good portable freezer, because I live in the tropics, I'm from Arizona, and I don't go Up North during the winter, as it's Cold Up There!
                          You'd be surprised at my skills.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

I don't hate you. I think that's lovely. Now, excuse me while I go do the conversion to Fahramericanheit.....

Oh, 81. Well, being as it's currently 75F here at night, and 81 is just a few degrees or so warmer than that, I'm right there with you.

Of course, while *I* don't hate you, you DO realize that THEY will, right?
                            I was referring to those poor souls like Irv who won't get the lovely joys of summer here

I tell ya, it isn't Christmas down here until you can jump into a swimming pool or play with the garden hose
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Been lucky that here in Ohiolandia it has been unseasonably warm. In fact, I am still mowing grass. I should not have to be mowing grass in November.
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X