Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time again--F*ck you Mother Nature!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gave my friend Frank a ride into town this morning, and he was complaining about how chilly it was this morning, which is why he was wearing jeans and a long-sleeved shirt.

Frank just got back from two weeks in Michigan. Currently in Key West it is 78F with 15mph winds.

The only conclusion to draw from this? My friend Frank is very confused, but is also a pussy.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
      A few things I should point out here:

1. We all know that that ice chest is going to be for food and drink for you two.

2. Despite living in Key West, I WILL be able to respond INSTANTLY with a fully-formed snowball. Yes, I said snowball. "But Jester, how is that possible?" Well, does anyone here really doubt my ingenuity?

3. No one here can outbid me. They can offer you all kinds of things to hit me with a slushball or two. However, not one of them can offer you what I can...showing you around the magical island that is Key West, not just as you being a typical tourist, but as you being a visitor with a well-known longtime local as your guide. How is anyone here going to be able to top THAT?
      Well, we do have more than one cooler, but the tour guide offer sounds much better to me! Dueling snowballs is called off, we can have snocones instead
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        Dueling snowballs is called off...
        Traitor!

(Perhaps a parting shot?)
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Two coleman 28 qt coolers : $32
          Gas for trip from Ohio to Florida : ((Estimating very high end for my vehicle..25mpg/$4 gallon)) $172. (One way? WOW).
          Two night stay ((Not including taxes) : $400 (roughly..for a GOOD room)
          Souviners : Varies

Jester as a tour guide : Priceless.

Now if only I had the above funds to go.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
            Well, we do have more than one cooler, but the tour guide offer sounds much better to me! Dueling snowballs is called off, we can have snocones instead
            I rest my case.

And, even if someone DID come down here and pelt me with a snowball, big deal. Nice refreshing blast of snow on an 80 degree day on a tropical island? Yup, it wouldn't be so bad. Not like actually LIVING in the stuff.

Once again, the gloating dude on the tropical island wins.

Quoth Mytical View Post
            Gas for trip from Ohio to Florida : ((Estimating very high end for my vehicle..25mpg/$4 gallon)) $172. (One way? WOW).
            The question is, did you figure the mileage simply to Florida, or all the way to Key West. Since, you know, we ARE at the bottom of the state. (And by bottom, I mean you hit Miami, and keep going another 150 miles or so.....)

Quoth Mytical View Post
            Two night stay ((Not including taxes) : $400 (roughly..for a GOOD room)
            I don't know what you were looking at, but a GOOD room will cost you more. A good room, perhaps, depending upon which hotel/guest house/resort you looked at. It is season, after all.

Just saying.

Quoth Mytical View Post
            Jester as a tour guide : Priceless.
            No arguments on this point.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

• I feel terrible now.

Was making a joke to my guildies tonight that if they heard a small yelp and then a roar, my house probably got taken out by a tornado. (We were under a rather scary tornado warning for a little bit, downgraded to a watch shortly afterwards)

Turns out, one of my guildies lives in Harrisburg, IL. To make it worse, he promptly linked me http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/harri...inois-pictures

I couldn't apologize enough, I told him I was so, so so so sorry, that I didn't mean it. I honestly had no idea what had happened. ><
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

• *hugs Seraph* I hope he knows you would never have said something like that on purpose knowing what had happened in real life. And it is scary to be under a tornado threat, and common to joke about it for most of us...
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Yeah, we talked about it shortly before he logged off. I explained that I was sorry, and that I really, really was stupid and just ignorant of what had happened.

Then again, I have a bit of a rep of accidentally sticking my foot in my mouth whenever he's around, so he understood.
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
                  X