X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exciting day! (some tmi)

Today has been fantastic and scary.

First:
    My husband has been trying for a new job that will pay more than he and I currently make combined. Well, he got the job! The scary part is that it is in a city about an hour away from where we now live, so we will be moving. Further from family and the few friends I actually have.

Second:
    We stopped using birth control in December, and this morning I took a pregnancy test. I am pregnant! I only tested because I've been spotting for the past week, and my moods have been wonky. Well, and my friend (who happens to be a pharmacist) told me to. So, after I got the positive home test, I called a lot of people to let them know. Eventually, I got around to my doctor, lol. They were all set up to give me an appointment next week, until I mentioned the bleeding.

They had me in in an hour.

They confirmed the positive with another test, drew blood, and after a brief consult in which they talked about threatened miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies, and sent me to the hospital for more blood tests and an ultrasound. Two, actually, though they didn't see a thing. Well, duh, I'm only three weeks! You usually can't see anything until week 5 or 6. And I have to go back for 2 more blood tests, one thursday and one Saturday.

Side note, I had to miss work for the ultrasounds.

See what I mean about exciting and scary?

Congrats on both occasions! Definitely exciting and scary, lol

An hour isn't so bad, if the traffic to see family is ok. I travel around 45 minutes just to get to the one place that I buy makeup from. It used to feel like it took so long to get there, but now it's just a breeze. I'll even just randomly go there if I'm in the mood to see the mall there XD

And a new place means having free reign for the baby's room

Comment

What he said! Mucho happiness!

And try not to worry too much about the medical attention. Mom had something similar happen when she first got pregnant with my little sister. T's 43 this year . . .

Comment

Moving is never fun, but on the whole it sounds like some very positive life changes for you. Congratulations.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything works out with the pregnancy.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Congratz and good luck!
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Congratulations on all of the above.

For the move, get a tax receipt when you lighten the load. Stop by tax offices and copy shops for boxes--those paper boxes are the best for this. BTW, more or less than 50 miles?

Don't waste time applying for a social security number for your new young one. I see quite a few couples who forget and either have to go paper or an amended return when they finally have it.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm really hoping everything goes smoothly.

The new job is just over 40 miles from where we currently live, so we don't quite meet the requirements for that deduction, unfortunately. I will likely get a new job down there as well, but I plan to wait a year after birth if possible.

Comment

Congratulations and good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly.
                Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Working...
                X