This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A special request....

I have a special request for good thoughts and prayers. My boss went for a mammogram and recieved a letter from the doctors for additional testing and an MRI because they noticed something amiss. "L" told me this at the beginning of the week and I am so damn worried about her, she told me not to be worried because she has come to terms with it and decided not to worry until she has the tests done.

I have been praying and crying because it scares the hell out of me. "L" is not just my boss, she is also my best friend, we have worked together for over 17 years, I have watched her children grow up, held her hand when her dad died, been her sounding board when she needed to let off steam, she has been my rock through my problems with my ex, with issues I have with my man. We have cried together and laughed together and I can't imagine life or my job without her. She is an amazing boss, the kind that no matter how bad her life problems may be can come to work and make you feel like you are the most special person in the room. I am serious, she has had some real tough issues at the home front, but not one of the crew has known about it unless she says something. Every single crewmember goes to her with all their problems and she always listens and gives guidance and bends over backwards to accomodate them yet stands firm with us when we need a forceful hand.

I just though that the more people out there asking for healing powers would be even better, I have been praying up a storm, the last thing "L" needs is this, honestly I cannot begin to tell you all the crap she has had to deal with in the past few years with her family stuff and she has been their stable sounding board for all their issues and drama. She also has a fourteen year old daughter who desperately needs to have her mother around for awhile! Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers!!

While I realize that this can be scary, and with good reason, one thing you have to realize is this: Breasts are lumpy and sometimes have ominous shapes in them.

I learned this over the summer. I learned it the hard way. In fact, I ended up having a straight up needle biopsy because of the black ball that was showing up on my ultrasound.

Harmless. Vast majority of scary lumps and shadows are harmless.

In fact, last week I ended up going in for another ultrasound to check out a lump I found.

Again, nothing. I can't even say it hasn't been there the whole time. It was hard to find and I had to dig around to find it.

(I thought it was ironic the shadow nobody could feel warranted a needle biopsy, while the lump everyone could feel turned out to be simply that...a harmless lump.

This is not to say such things are not cause for alarm and action. They certainly are. But finding a lump or seeing a shadow does not mean someone is going to die. Hell, finding CANCER does not mean someone is going to die.

While I know it's hard not to freak out (believe me, I know this), don't freak out. The odds are quite frankly in her favor.

Comment

^^ this.

My mother's just about ticked with me at this point, because I stopped worrying every time they found a lump on her. They're just cysts, lumps, etc, never anything worrisome.

Will keep her in my prayers though, let us know!
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Yeah, last summer my own mother was less worried about me than I was.

Turned out, finding scary crap on her mammograms and then having to do follow ups on them is old hat for her. So she (correctly) assumed they'd find on me what they'd found on her many, many times.

Comment

My aunt had breast cancer, they found it fairly late and wound up having to do a mastectomy and take some lymph nodes from her armpit as well. It was less than a month between the mammogram where they found it and her coming home from the hospital. She's been cancer free for four or five years now, and last year she went from seeing her cancer doc every six months to seeing him once a year.

What I'm trying to say is that even if it is cancer, and even if it is fairly advanced, they can still fix it.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Update: The mass they seen was a cluster of cysts so the doctor is not worried, they did not do a biopsy because "L" does not have insurance and is over qualified by $137.00 for any medical help through women's foundations so she could not afford that procedure but since the doctor pretty much ruled out cancer "L" decided to forgo the biopsy. I am so relieved!! I was in tears the last couple of days worrying about her health! They told her to keep an eye on it just in case it starts getting bigger and she has to go in again in 6 months...Thank You for all the prayers and good thoughts!! I know it helped!!

Comment

Great news! Thanks for the update.

Comment

I'm so glad for you.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                X