Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I love my current avatar..I would like to ask some help finding a new one. A nice shiny black dragon one. Now I've done the google-fu bit..but would like some suggestions if anybody has them.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

You could try Googling "Temeraire" from the His Majesty's Dragon series of novels by Naomi Novik. He is a large black dragon. There is bound to be some fanart and the covers of the books are pretty neat.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon?

http://cyberbargins.net/how-to-train-your-dragon2.jpg

(the image is HUGE)
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Don't we have several good artists here? I'd lay odds that it would be possible to commision an original design from one of them for a reasonable rate. (Reasonable = not impossibly expensive AND not insultingly cheap)
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Yes we have some awesome artists here, but honestly right now I couldn't even afford insultingly cheap.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Zekrom from Pokemon? (note to self: don't play pokemon before a gym class)
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I like the toothless idea, that is one option (if I can get it into avatar size that is), but the pokemon one is .. too many angles for me lol.

I like this one http://zombiegirl01.deviantart.com/a...agon-251422346 just wouldn't want to use it without the permission of the person.
              Last edited by Mytical; 03-02-2012, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                I like the toothless idea, that is one option (if I can get it into avatar size that is), but the pokemon one is .. too many angles for me lol.

I like this one http://zombiegirl01.deviantart.com/a...agon-251422346 just wouldn't want to use it without the permission of the person.
                Sorry for sounding trite, but ask the artist then.

EDIT just checked on the artist's main page and found this:

If you wish to use my art for any purpose suchas an avatar or on sites such as facebook or tumblr, you must give credit and link back to my page!!!! Simple as that, if I see any of my stuff on Facebook, which it is, I will ask you to do so.
                So there you go. Give credit and link back on your profile page (in your sig as well) and you're golden!
                Last edited by lordlundar; 03-02-2012, 03:37 PM.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Found and using one . Not as epic as the other I posted, but I like it

Comment

Working...
                  X