This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car accident last night...I'm OK, my car is totalled

Guess that's what I get for saying "yes" when the boss asks me to leave early because it's so quiet. Some idiot from out of state slammed into me while I was slowing or stopped at a light with a long line (not sure if I had completely stopped or not, also I know I wasn't too close to the guy in front because I was trying to decide if I could change lanes to get around the line...when I looked in my rearview that's when I saw the subcompact come flying...)

So far it looks like I'll be OK, I have whiplash (of course), some bruises and some other muscle pain. I was wearing my seatbelt and my airbags deployed. I'm depressed about the loss of my car (part of my independence that I try so hard to hang on to), pissed at the guy who wasn't paying attention, and still very very shaken. Fortunately my very kind work supervisors managed to give me undertime for all of today---it was my half day so only four hours. Now the whole nightmare of insurance begins, not to mention my transportation - I can drive hubby's car if he doesn't need it but that's not a good long term solution IMO.

I am thankful it wasn't worse, but my poor pancaked car...
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Yarg! My daughter has had two cars totalled by idiots... so far.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm very glad you are (mostly) okay. And that sucks about the car. At least the other driver's insurance will have to cover everything, and that may include a rental car for you until you get the insurance payout. Worth checking into when you call his insurance.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Ditto what Kara said.. depending on the other person's insurance company, they MAY pick up the difference between what your insurance coverage on rental is and what the contracted price with the rental company is.

Comment

The important thing is, you're OK. A car can eventually be replaced. You can't. I'm sure your husband feels the same way.
          Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

i also have totalled a car, but i was paid to do it, and afterwards we set the thing on fire, that was fun, what happened to you, however, is not, good luck and get better soon.

Comment

Wowsers - sorry to hear about the loss of your car. In the circumstances I have to admit I'm pleased you're fine, but it's always going to be a shock.

Rapscallion

Comment

Wow! I'm glad you're OK. I offer, booze, chocolate, and lots of hugs.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

That sucks BTDT. I hope you heal up quick, and the insurance deals with you fairly.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Holy cow, glad to hear you're (mostly) OK!

Fingers crossed that insurance is smooth and not a pain in the butt.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Glad to hear that you're mostly fine! Poor cars
                      I'm sorry for the loss of independence and I hope that the insurance stuff is sorted out quickly. *hugs*
                      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I spoke with the adjuster over the phone...she *seems* nice, LOL. She did mention that the at-fault driver's insurance co. may have to provide me with a rental. Turns out he was driving a rental himself... A perfectly nice 2012 Fiat coupe, too...

Thanks for everyone's support. You all rock.
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Oh god. I hope you're ok, have you gone straight to the doc to document what injuries you have?
                          (I know, I know, the practical side of me is so prevalent.)
                          Hugs.
                          Sans car sucks.

PS communicate via email please
                          Last edited by Der Cute; 03-03-2012, 11:07 PM. Reason: added thought
                          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Ouch, I have been there, done that, myself. Not fun but at least you are OK.

I came very close to hitting some guy tonight who decided to pull out and cross the road I was driving down. Had to slam on my brakes and stopped less than 10 feet from him; I don't think he even saw me.
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Sorry to hear about the accident and the loss of your car, but glad you're okay. Hope you heal (physically and emotionally) quickly, and get a new car soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X