This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms. Crabtree goes to the store

A couple months ago, I went to the store to pick up a few things and checked out by one of my friends who was working there that night.

In front of my was a rather trashy looking woman with a cart full of stuff. Among her purchases were two large boxes of cat litter.

MC=Ms. Crabtree, aka sucky customer
    C=cashier
    Me=well, me

C takes one of the boxes of cat litter and scans it. It rang up at something like $15.99
    MC: THAT'S NOT WHAT IT COSTS! THE SHELF LABEL SAID $8.99. SO YOU HAVE TO SELL IT TO ME FOR THAT PRICE!
    C: (picks up copy of sale ad at her register) OK, was there a sale sign under the cat litter?
    MC: NO! THE LABEL SAID $8.99
    C: Ok, I'll just need to call somebody to make sure.

C pages for somebody covering pet supllies to check the price of the cat litter. Nobody responds, so she pages again.
    MC: YOU KNOW WHAT, JUST FUCKING FORGET IT! I DON'T HAVE TIME TO FUCK AROUND WITH THIS!
    C cancels her page for pet supllies and puts the boxes of cat litter to the side. She rings up the rest of MC's purchases, takes her money and gives her her receipt. ALl the while MC is still ranting and raving; "This store sucks, you can never find anybody to help you, things are always in the wrong spot."

And then the kicker, as MC is leaving: "I'M NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN!"
    Me: We can only hope. (I don't think she heard me)

This poor cashier seems to be magnet for SCs. On her first day working at the service desk, she had some douchebag throw a flashlight at her head because he couldn't return it without a receipt. And it's not as if she does anything to egg them on. She's a very nice girl who doesn't get mouthy with SCs at all.

Next time I see her, I think I'm giving her this site's address.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

We used to have cards. Someone did up a business card sized design. Is that still floating around somewhere?

Comment

Working...
    X