This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pissed at Pep Boys

I witnessed these events as I was having some minor work done to my car. Nothing serious, just an oil change and tire rotation. I prefer to do my own work, but since I don't have a lift...

Anyway, after work, I dropped the car off to have some work done at the local Pep Boys. Usually, it's no big deal--just go in, ask the guys if they can do it, then hand over the keys. Nothing unusual here. Usually, while I'm waiting, I'll look around the store (they have an awesome selection of lacquers to use on models!), or watch TV in the waiting area.

For some reason, the service area was swamped. It seemed everybody wanted something done that night. Rather than wait around, I walked down to the Steak & Shake restaurant about a block or two away. I wasn't in a hurry, but was seriously hungry. Got my food, and was eating it on the bench outside, just enjoying the weather.

After 'dinner,' I went inside to check on the car....and it went downhill from there. At the service counter, was a guy who had obviously just come from the synagogue; I know this because I saw him coming out of there when I drove past. Anyway, he was trying to get some tires for his car. Since I wasn't in a big hurry, and the guys were busy, I kept off to the side a bit. No point in getting in the way of what was about to happen...

As I'm standing there, this rather large, black woman comes in. Not even 5 minutes later, she starts with the foot-tapping, and just looking pissed. As soon as one of the guys hangs up the phone, she goes apeshit I mean, she totally lost it! She screamed about "how a black woman couldn't get no service 'cuz all of those damn Jews in the store" meaning me and the other guy.

The mechanic on duty said that he was sorry for the "long wait" (bullshit, I know...) and he'd help her when he could. That wasn't good enough. She started screaming to see the manager, who promptly came over to take care of things. And yes, she went off on him. I didn't hear all of it, as I probably wouldn't have been as nice so I was somewhere else.

Anyway, once she left (good riddance!) I asked the mechanic if she'd gotten him into trouble...and that I'd back him up. She tried to, but the manager had heard everything--his "office" (basically a cubicle with a door) isn't that far away. Because of that, he told her to get out...and I got a $5 off oil change coupon.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Good riddance. If she had gotten her car serviced, imagine what she could complain about!

OT: a fellow diecast collector, eh?

Comment

Quoth protege
      She screamed about "how a black woman couldn't get no service 'cuz all of those damn Jews in the store" meaning me and the other guy.
      It never ceases to amaze me that people will play the race card and scream discrimination while making racist statements and diplaying their own blatant bigotry.
      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

L.A. Crash, anyone?
        You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth gundam40
          Good riddance. If she had gotten her car serviced, imagine what she could complain about!

OT: a fellow diecast collector, eh?
          I'm not really into diecasts. I have a few, but I prefer plastic models. Pep Boys (and similar stores) stock quite a bit of lacquers...which are much better than enamels on plastics. Not only are the coats thinner, but they dry quickly. The only bad thing is the smell!
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
          X