This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 in 1 day

So I was out running errands today, and in 3 out of 5 places there were sucky people.

First I ran to one denny's to pick up Dh's paycheck, ran to the other denny's to get him to sign it. I run to the bank to deposit it in the ATM. It is about 3:45, the bank closes at 2 on saturdays, but you can go to the drive up ATM.

I'm waiting in line at the ATM. It's directly next to the lanes. All the lights above the lanes are off. Some guy pulls into one of the lanes and stops next to the pnumatic (sp?) Tube thing, which is of course, closed. He sits there for about 2 minutes (long line for me, I got to watch it all) and starts yelling and waving his fist out the window. I couldn't hear everything he was saying, but alot of it seemed to be "You can't F***king be closed. I know you're in there!" He ranted for a few and drove off in a huff

Next, I stopped by safeway for groceries. I was loading my stuff on the belt when the lady in front of me berates the bagger for not bagging them right, and to start over. She wants paper in plastic with the handles tied in knots. She makes the bagger start over again. It is naturally taking her longer, with the knots and all that, so the lady starts ranting about how long it's taking. First she rants to the cashier, and then to me, when I say "Well if you didn't have to have it done a special fancy way, it wouldn't take as long. If you hadn't made her start over it would be done by now. ALSO if you would go over and maybe help her instead of bitching, it would be done faster"

She tells me to mind my business and stomps out.

Finally, I stopped by MCdonalds (yes I know, I went grocery shopping, but I wanted fat food (not a typo LOL) and I ddn't feel like cooking. I'm behind this guy waiting at the window to pay. It's taking a little bit but nothing major. Nothing worth getting angry about. When he suddenly lays on the horn, bangs on the window and yells "give me my damned card and hurry up, I don't f***king have all day" the woman opens the door and hands him his card. He pulls up to the next window and doesn't even stop the car when he snatches the bag out of the next womans hands.

The cashier and I commiserated for a second and she told me he was so angry because she had to change the paper in the credit card machine so it took an extra minute.

I think I'm staying home on saturdays from now on

Mmmmmm......bet his burger got a lot of extra loving care from the employees of that place. Yum.

Comment

I don't believe most fast food places over here even accept cards, they're strictly cash-only. So Mr I'm-Too-Important-To-Wait would have been ever angrier !
      A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
      - Dave Barry

Comment

The jerk at the bank reminds me of customers who'd bang on the door at the gas station after closed. "You CANNOT be closed!" "What the fuck gas station CLOSES?" etc etc...

The woman at the grocery store.....was she older? Not being judgemental, but can't impress older people.....and they are so damn particular with their groceries it is unbelievable. When I was a bagger, I got the whole "paper in plastic knotted" and "Double plastic" and "double paper" and the typical whiney "DO IT OVER IT'S WRONG!"...................then the old hags/arseholes would scoot me over and do it themselves, bagging the eggs on top of the bread, the leaky meat with the Lysol....it was great. Yup, they know better than we do!

The guy at McDonalds....I don't know how many times I had a customer violently tap their feet and heavily sigh because I had to take one extra minute to refill the CC paper or the lotto paper. My God, a whole minute! You're running so late, you're going to be fired! Oh my GOD! Call the WAAAAAAAMBULANCE!

Sorry, bad memories of dealing with people.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Got people doing that at the pizza place; look moron, it takes at least 15 minutes to process an order! First I have to make the pizza, then put it thru the oven, then cut it up! Want quicker food, then go to Maccy D's!
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth April
            First she rants to the cashier, and then to me, when I say "Well if you didn't have to have it done a special fancy way, it wouldn't take as long. If you hadn't made her start over it would be done by now. ALSO if you would go over and maybe help her instead of bitching, it would be done faster"

She tells me to mind my business and stomps out.
            Okay, she rants to you, then tells you to mind your business when you don't agree with her? Um, the moment she brought you into it, that made it your business!

Good for you for getting the point across, though. I wonder if she realized just how sucky she was being?
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You would think that people would learn that you should never EVER piss off a fast food employee. When I worked in fast food I often got people who were in a rush to get somewhere and became quite rude with me. One bitch actually made me cry. If you are in such a hurry then you shouldn't be stopping at fast food resturants at noon.

I love it when SC's attempt to get other customers to side with them and end up failing. She got you involved when she started talking to you about the bagger. As for the bank...the banks here close early on Saturdays. The lanes also have nice bright lights that let you know if they are closed or open. But we all know that SC's can't read.

Comment

Quoth April
                Next, I stopped by safeway for groceries. I was loading my stuff on the belt when the lady in front of me berates the bagger for not bagging them right, and to start over. She wants paper in plastic with the handles tied in knots. She makes the bagger start over again. It is naturally taking her longer, with the knots and all that, so the lady starts ranting about how long it's taking. First she rants to the cashier, and then to me, when I say "Well if you didn't have to have it done a special fancy way, it wouldn't take as long. If you hadn't made her start over it would be done by now. ALSO if you would go over and maybe help her instead of bitching, it would be done faster"
                You know, next time I get one of those kind of customers, I want one right behind her with the sense you had there. I can just imagine the surrounding cashiers and baggers laughing their asses off. It's always really cool seeing someone tell off a major SC when we can't.
                Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

Working...
                X