This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Ordinary Sandwich

I got to see an interesting one while on my lunch break today. I was at Subway and they were finishing up my sandwich when an old guy walks in. As soon as the dude walks in the SC Alarm kicks in, you know the feeling when you see a customer and you just know that they're going to say or do something incredibly stupid or rude, I can tell that the employee helping me felt the same way too.
    The customer then goes to the employee taking orders and tells her, "I want an ordinary sandwich."
    "Excuse me?" the employee says,
    "I just want an ordinary sandwich." he says again, I'm starting to pay at this point but morbid curiosity forces me to watch this moron,
    "Uhm, we've got several different kinds..."
    "Look, I just want an ordinary sandwich! Just meat and bread, nothing fancy! Just make it!" I can feel for this poor employee, dealing with an idiot like this isn't easy.
    "We have different meat and bread. I don't know what kind you want."
    "Ah forget it then! you can't handle anything simple!" and he storms out, as he leaves I can't help but to say out loud, "God what an asshole."
    "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

You got to be kidding me.

I'm thinking the SC didn't know much about sandwiches in the first place. I mean he just wanted meat and bread kind just dumb.
    Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
    My space
    Facebook

Comment

Okay, on the topic of sandwiches...

One night on my lunch break (sure, you can have lunch at 7:30.) I was upstairs in the food court, doing my usual filling but fatty three cheese and bacon steak sandwich from Charlie's Steakery. No, no fries, thanks. I get as far as the end of the counter, and there is a woman in a sari (I think...?) right behind me in line, who, I think ordered a vegetarian, or a chicken, or something. She sees my sandwich come off the grill, and then the guy flipping slips hers into a bun, and she just goes ballistic!
      H: "No, no, no pork!"
      CSG: "It's a chicken sandwich, there's no pork in it..."
      H: "No, no pork!"
      M: *hand hit forehead, as there were no desks around, thinking* "Oh my Gods, she eats kosher... and didn't tell them that."
      Yup, precisely what happened, and the Charlie's guy told her "Next time, tell us that first."
      I was this close to buying the sandwich they were just going to throw away... then I remembered the Bacon Three Cheese fills me up, and went to enjoy my greasy treat.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Was he old by any chance? Older people have a hard time comprehending that Subway has lots of different varieties of bread, meats, etc.

Well, then again, old people have a hard time ordering at nearly any type of fast food place.

I'm not excusing his behavior by any means, he was a really big jerk, but I'm just saying that some people don't get it and refuse to try anything new.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Ringtail Z28
          "Look, I just want an ordinary sandwich! Just meat and bread, nothing fancy! Just make it!" I can feel for this poor employee, dealing with an idiot like this isn't easy.
          "We have different meat and bread. I don't know what kind you want."
          "Ah forget it then! you can't handle anything simple!" and he storms out.
          The poor employee is the one who can't handle anything simple, yet this guy is going out to have "an ordinary sandwich" made for him?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

How 'simple'?
            Peanut Butter and Jelly on white bread? That's extremely simple.
            Just like 'baloney', (thanks, Jim Gaffigan.)
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

My dad has actually mortified my mum by going into starbucks when they were on holiday in the USA, trying to order 'a coffee' and getting really annoyed when they tried to narrow it down a bit. Soooo glad i wasnt there
              "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
              "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
              Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

Blas87 has a point. I have run into so many older people who become overwhelmed by menu boards with lots of different items and options. A lot of them are confused by the marketing names of the menu items and their frustration comes out in how they speak to the employees.

The employee could have defused the situation by simply asking if the man wanted turkey, ham, roast beef, or cold cuts and whether he wanted white or wheat bread rather than responding with "We have different meat and bread. I don't know what kind you want." Once the old guy stated what he wanted, the employee simply could have rung it up as the corresponding item on the menu. Sometimes it takes a little patience and understanding and a willingness to help.
                "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth South Texan
                  Blas87 has a point. I have run into so many older people who become overwhelmed by menu boards with lots of different items and options. A lot of them are confused by the marketing names of the menu items and their frustration comes out in how they speak to the employees.

The employee could have defused the situation by simply asking if the man wanted turkey, ham, roast beef, or cold cuts and whether he wanted white or wheat bread rather than responding with "We have different meat and bread. I don't know what kind you want." Once the old guy stated what he wanted, the employee simply could have rung it up as the corresponding item on the menu. Sometimes it takes a little patience and understanding and a willingness to help.
                  The guy didn't exactly give the employee time to say that. What I would have said if I was that employee was to continue on from "We have different types" with then listing the types.
                  Remember, you can't be patient and understanding if they storm out like a jackass. Being old is not a licence to be rude.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey
                    Being old is not a licence to be rude.
                    I completely agree.
                    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

yes, we get that as well; a pair of older men came in, asking for coffees. when we asked if they wanted drip coffee, one of these jackasses said, 'whateer you call that crap that you charge five dollars a cup for.'

not exactly someone who's looking for an explanation; just someone who's looking to air their opinion in the nastiest polite way possible.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista
                        yes, we get that as well; a pair of older men came in, asking for coffees. when we asked if they wanted drip coffee, one of these jackasses said, 'whateer you call that crap that you charge five dollars a cup for.'

not exactly someone who's looking for an explanation; just someone who's looking to air their opinion in the nastiest polite way possible.

You should have given him my specialty favorite. Iced Venti 5 shot extra caramel, caramel machiatto. Around here it is $5.20, and it has enough caffine to give a horse a heart attack.
                        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Working...
                        X