Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yelling, Screaming, and Not Listening Gets You Nowhere!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yelling, Screaming, and Not Listening Gets You Nowhere!

My friends and I had just finished leading a saturday night service at our church. Thinks did NOT go well that night. I am one of the guitarists and thgings especially did not go well for me. One of my strings broke while we were playing, our pastor couldn't make it so one of us had to pull a sermon out of our butts, and various other things. So we were very glad when it wa over and we got to go to Taco Cabana for dinner.

We walk in and hear this big ugly guy yelling about something (he was whining too much to really understand ) and the manager was taking it like a champ. He was someone I guess you would call a nerd: short, goofy-looking kid with thick glasses, and he just stood there: "yes, sir. I'm sorry, sir." And every time he tried to fix things the idiot customer just cut him off and kept right on yelling so the manager just decides to help the next person. Still the guy is screaming. I'm not very tall myself, and as a girl I guess I'm supposed to be "intimidated" by big men, but I take Karate; let him do something to me and see what happens. After the night I've had I am in no mood. I politely step in front of him saying "'scuse me, dude. I think your turn is over." And order my food. The big guy just kinda watches me with his mouth open. After I finish my order and get my food I say very loudly, "Thank you for the great service!" And walk on. The idiot customer is just fed up and leaves. The manager thanked me. I was glad I could help after the crazy night I'd had!

I just hate it when customers would rather fuss, yell and moan instead of getting the help the say they want!
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people complain for the sake of complaining, not necessarily to get the issue resolved. At least, I think so.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I agree. I think it's some weird personality thing where they just want to be right for once . . .
      ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine
        Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people complain for the sake of complaining, not necessarily to get the issue resolved. At least, I think so.
        Some people, knowing that staff can't answer back, also use as a form of cheap therapy "I got shouted at by the boss, therefore I'm going to find a reason to shout at you". I've even had people tell me on other forums that first line staff "get paid to take that sort of s***"!
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Kerrisan, you rock. You're probably the first person this dickhead has every had stand up to him.

Comment

Yay for you! I've always wanted to do that to an SC, or have someone save me when that happens. Good job, have a cookie!
            Love is admiration without envy, familiarity without contempt, and chocolate without asking.

Comment

Of course that's what he was doing. If he waited to let the manager do something, he might not have something to complain about.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Nice one, kerrisan ! I like your choice of words, as well.
                A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                - Dave Barry

Comment

BTW, what was he complaining about? Not enough cheese on his taco? lol
                  "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

I don't even know what he was complaining about! You know the teacher voice from the Peanuts cartoons? That's kinda what he sounded like. All I know is he just wanted to yell and keep other hungry customers from getting their food!
                    And thank you all for your compliments, but it was really no big deal. The guy was a jerk and he needed somebody to tell him that!!!

Comment

ooh, taco cabana *fond memory moment!*

i honestly believe that some people become abusive simply for two reasons:

they think they can act that way because we have to take it

it makes them feel better about their crappy, worthless existence.

imagine their shock when they discover that neither reasoning is true!

*when i leave this job, i'll be going home to my house and doing what i want, which makes me very happy, while you will return to whatever existence you have, which obviously does not make you happy. i'll be happy, you'll still be a miserable nobody and life goes on.*
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                      X