This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alliance IC

There is a distinct jarring as your transport sets down. Despite a lot of technological advances, apparently easier landings are beyond the Alliances technology. Dozens of other cadets are lined up against the walls of the transport, like you, they are encased in some sort of webbing that is supposed to make things a little less bumpy.

A booming voice shouts "OK Recruits, welcome to GR Prime, now...get your behinds moving. MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT!!" The meshing automatically retracts and the other recruits start hurrying to the exit. Your personal items, like clothing, are on the other transport, so there is nothing but to leave the ship and line up.

The booming voice belongs to your academy instructor Lt. Mathew Strongarm. For the past 10 weeks he has made your life miserable. Most of the cadets hate him with the passion of a thousand suns. He did teach them how to survive in cold merciless space however.

"ATTENTION! Admiral on deck!" He yells, and the other candidates snap to attention. A older man, somewhat resembling Mathew approaches, he has an aura of authority, a patch on his left eye, and his right arm is pure metal. Must be a mechanical arm. One immediate thing you notice, besides this, is that he is not wearing any type of uniform. You, your squad, and even the Lt are decked out in military fatigues.

He looks over the group, and it's as if he is looking into your very being. Assessing you, seeing what you are made of. "Ladies, gentlemen, and others." he half smiles..as Uranians are known to be neither female or male. "You are no longer cadets. You are now full fledged members of the Galaxy Rangers. You will all be assigned tomorrow to a unit, with a leader and many more members. However, know that my door is always open. My name is John Armstrong, I am the head of the Galaxy Rangers. Officially we answer to the Council, which comprises of one person or being from each race. Unofficially, I am the end of the line. The top of the food chain as it were. So if you need anything, and your commanders can not help you, come to me. I will need the following people to come with me now."

He pulls out a device and looks at it as a holographic display lights up. "Granya Aisling Yseult Blayne Connor, Tolana Keiban Polra Masi, and Leiax N' Sho"

Sho appears to be a Uranian, human in form but made of what looks like pure ice.
    Last edited by Mytical; 10-19-2011, 11:11 PM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Masi inward cringes at the muddled speaking of her full name, but smiles inwardly. her exterior that of a slender tall youth her blonde hair cut in female standard military with a slight natural wave to it, her piercing green eyes seem to miss little.

she walks over to where indicated and stands at parade rest her eyes distantly focused on nothing, while the cogs in her mind seemingly moving faster then thought per normal for herself, while another part of her mind awaits orders or instructions.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Unsure of why of all names hers was called, Nya moves to where indicated. All the while trying not to blend into her surrounds. That would just be embarrassing at this point.
      Last edited by dragon_wings; 10-20-2011, 02:14 AM. Reason: grammar
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

After everybody else has been dismissed, John takes you into his office. It is rather..unassuming for somebody with as much authority as he is rumored to have. "You three. During training, you three showed a lot of promise. I want you to work on a special squad. Only a handful of Galaxy Rangers are even going to be offered the chance to work this squad, and even fewer will have the guts to take the offer. Among the normal duties you will have, you will also be undercover. Your task will be to root out corruption in the Galaxy Rangers. You will report only to me, except when your cover dictates otherwise, and you will have special authorization that normal GR do not have. It will be dangerous, but I believe you are capable of doing this. Should you desire not to, of course this conversation is deemed classified."
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Nya's first thought is about how much of an honor this is. Which just makes her all the more nervous.
          Noticing her nerves Nya mentally scolds herself. Admiral Armstrong thought she showed promise.
          Vowing to prove him right she steps forward and says "I'd be honored, Sir. When can we expect our first assignment?"

Comment

Masi's exterior shows her normal rocky face while in her own mind she jumps up and done going "HA!! suck on that brothers!"

"It would be a great honor sir, I am honored you choose me as well. Will we be working together? or mostly independent?"

she casts a sideways glace at her 2 other compatriots, recognizing their races due to meeting some of her brothers' own friends coming home on leave.
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

The uranian just nods its acceptance, they are not known for being too talkative.

"For the most part you will be working together, though your assignments might have you in separate areas. When not on assignment you will indeed have your own base and be working together. I want to introduce you to your squad leader." he presses a button, and a moment later somebody walks in.

You are not sure if this person is male or female. Whichever they are, they are absolutely breathtaking. Beautiful beyond words, which is odd seeing as every race has a unique idea of what is beautiful. Further, you are not even sure what race this person is, though they look human. No human has ever been that perfect however.

"I am Tria Nathur, most people call me Tri. I hope that we can learn much from each other. If you have no further questions, follow me."

Comment

masi just nods, not having any questions and moves to go with the woman.

Comment

Nya nods and follows her new squad leader.

Comment

Tri leads you to a transporter, and through it, so wherever you are going it is close enough for a transporter to work. On the other side your rooms, and such are waiting. "You can get out of the uniforms, your personal gear has been stowed." she points out each of your rooms. "We will start our first mission as soon as you have changed."

((After everybody has changed))
                    "Recently a group of pirates have successfully attacked several ships. These pirate seem to know which transports are worth the time, if any undercover agents are aboard, and how well defended the transports are. We think the only way they can know this is if they have inside information. Your job, is to get in with the pirates, if you can, find the headquarters, and take them ALL down." Tri emphasizes the world all. "Only myself and John even know you are here, everybody else will believe you three have been shipped off to a distant outpost for guard duty."

A holographic display of the solar system appears, and Tri points out two places. "A bar and a small space station. Two places they are believed to frequent. How you get yourself in, I do not want to know. You can begin when you feel you are ready."

Comment

masi nods listening intently and then turns to her two other compatriots.

"I think more formal introducions are in order...."

she extends her hands (both of them) palm up, and speaks evenly with a definate hint of pride in her voice.

"I am called Tolana Keiban Polra Masi, daughter of the assistant to the martian diplomat to the earth colonies, daughter of Ansani, finest crafter of hand held weapons for 9 generations, sister of Toli personal body guard to the martian minister."

a smirk definately crosses her lips, "but most people call me Masi, my normal name being to long to say in a hurry."

her speech mannerisms are strange, shes speaking slowly and carefully as if making herself choos her words carefully, then politely waits for the others introductions.

Comment

The strange crystalline person doesn't exactly speak. Subtle shifts in it's body create lights which your translator translates as "Leiax N' Sho, instructor of martial arts defense. Most people call me Sho or Sensai."

Comment

masi smiles and inclines her head trying not to gaze to long at her fellow not wanting to cause offense, then looks to the other inclining her head just slightly.

Comment

Nya inclines her head at her companions and replies:
                            'I am Granya Aisling Yseult Blayne Connor but you may call me Nya. All that I will say of my race and of my past is that I don't agree with their ruthlessness and eagerness to kill.'

Comment

Sho's body lights up, and your translator translates "My people are too passive. If we had not sat on the sidelines so long..." then Sho goes quiet again. "Never mind, it is not important."

Several hundred years ago there was a war among alliance members. The Venetians had almost single handedly destroyed the alliance. At first the Uranians had been neutral, being pacifist. Millions, maybe even billions died. When finally the Uranians had enough, they entered the war, and it ended less then a week later. Since they were as good at defense as Venetians were at offense, combined with the rest of the Alliance the Venetians were defeated. It is still rare for Uranians to leave the planet, those that do normally still are very peaceful, but are considered aggressive by others Uranians.

Comment

Working...
                              X