Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Christmas Card Exchange - Tallies are closed. Thanks for playing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got Monica's card today.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I have the cards, and labels and stamps.....I just don't have time >< 2 papers to finish writing, 2 major projects to present, and finals to get ready for....

if I'm REALLY lucky? I'll get them out after thanksgiving when I have a little more of this thing called.....frreeeee time?
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Tomorrow night sounds like a good time for me, set up in front of the tv.
        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Got my first card yesterday . . . from Monica.

Now to make sure I've got plenty of that wall putty stuff so I can start sticking the cards to the doorways in the living room (been working on it all weekend and it's almost done now.)
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Ours are addressed, in the envelopes and just need stamps

Comment

I received Monica's card today. I also bought my cards, and have addressed the envelopes. Now I have to buy some fancy stamps, and sign all the cards.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I've planned to get them done before Thanksgiving. I'm stuck at the front desk the day before and I know work is going to be dead. I still need to find Christmas stickers. I swear it seems impossible to find the darn things.
                Random conversation:
                Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Wow mathnerd's arrived today Must have had wings on it or something
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Have the cards. Making some bookmarks to send out, too. Hoping to get them sent out in about a week.
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

• have all mine stamped, addressed, signed, and put in envelopes....THATS when i noticed i didn't have self sealing envelopes ><

They'll go out thursday probably.
                      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Found my cards, I think I have some Christmas stamps leftover from last year but I just can't bring myself to write them out before Thanksgiving. But we'll see, I can't seem to turn off Christmas music and I keep getting the urge to decorate. Maybe if the house feels more Christmasy it will be easier to write out cards.
                        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

• Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                          Got my first card yesterday . . . from Monica.
                          So did I--talk about not wasting time.
                          Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                          Now to make sure I've got plenty of that wall putty stuff so I can start sticking the cards to the doorways in the living room
                          I use painter's tape for that
                          I already sent out those with non-US addresses. The US will go out later this week.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                            Wow mathnerd's arrived today Must have had wings on it or something

Wow! I put those in the mail near closing time last Thursday (I think. Or was it Wednesday?) Anyway, I'm surprised it got there so fast.
                            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

• I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing for my cards
                              I haven't had the time I normally do to plan things like this out... but I will have them out probably later this month.
                              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• All of mine went out yesterday. Looking forward to everybody else's.

Comment

Working...
                                X