• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diner Owner Yells At Crying Baby

The newspaper article.

The video news report.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Oh cool, I was wondering what Amy and Samy would do now that their old restaurant closed....
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Restaurant owner says kid cried for 30-40 minutes, parents say just a few minutes. Somebody (or everybody) is exaggerating...

I'd really like all the facts before making a judgement call on this one...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
        Restaurant owner says kid cried for 30-40 minutes, parents say just a few minutes. Somebody (or everybody) is exaggerating...

I'd really like all the facts before making a judgement call on this one...
        I suspect it is another case of customer time. I'd be willing to bet the kid was screaming and the parents were just used to ignoring him and really didn't pay any attention to how long he was screaming.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The diner owner may also have taken any of the kid's noises as screaming. Some people just don't like kids, especially before they have much of a vocabulary and still do most of their communicating through crying, squealing, etc. (as toddlers do). My 14-month-old squeals to greet people, and since squeals are loud by nature, I can see how someone would take it badly and I try to keep her quiet. However, there's a difference between a kid squealing with happiness every once in a while and one crying for 40 minutes straight. It's hard to say who was really at fault here without actually being there.
          Last edited by Aragarthiel; 07-23-2015, 03:01 AM.
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

The owner is a full-on bitch, and I wouldn't patronize her restaurant, children of my own or not.

How do I know I wouldn't get a similarly nasty attitude if I wasn't happy with my meal?

Here is an article with a Facebook post by the owner about the incident.

I will not let the parents off the hook. If this happened the way it was described then they were inconsiderate to their fellow diners, are not teaching their child the right way to behave in public, and are playing to the Facederp mob. But the owner's response is not professional in the least, and I am troubled that there are many people defending it.
            Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 07-23-2015, 03:07 AM.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

From what I read the idiot parents had the pancakes they ordered for the child out of her reach and that is why she was wailing. Quit gabbing and feed your kids idiots.

Comment

While I don't agree that the child should be called names, I do agree with the restaurant. The parents are responsible and should have removed the child when they wouldn't stop. That's what my mom did - if I created a scene, we had to leave. I learned very quickly not to act up in public or else we'd be right back in the car.

Comment

Quoth pudddykat View Post
                  Quit gabbing and feed your kids idiots.
                  While this would reduce the idiot population, I'm sure it would be bad for kids' stomachs.

Quoth Slayer View Post
                  The parents are responsible
                  I wouldn't say these parents are responsible - they're extremely irresponsible.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X