This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Visit to Metropolis

I was assigned to change servers in Paducah, KY. I was able to cross the Ohio River to go see the Superman Statue in Metropolis, IL. Here are pictures I took.

If you're wondering what that Dedication Prayer says, unfortunately, so do I.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

I have read enough "old style" prayers that I can figure out 80% of the words by length and location in the sentence. But I would need a bigger picture (not digital zoom, but an optical image) to fully transcribe the prayer.

I do love classic Superman. "Smallville" was definitely my favorite interpenetration of him. Reminds me of growing up on our farm on the Kansas/Nebraskan boarder.

Smallville's location, They had cornfields, so only the Northern 10%. Good amount of woods so Central to Eastern, but more Easterner I would say. It still a distance away from Metropolis, not so far as to go more than 1/2 a state away though. So I am guessing Washington, Marshall, or Nemaha counties. Also, puts them darn close to those Nuclear missile silos that "may or may not" be out there, hehehe. Quite close to Ft. Riley as well. That concludes my over-analyzing of a TV show for today, thank you)
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
      ... favorite interpenetration ...
      Snerk. Gilhelmi of Kleenex, are you?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Snerk. Gilhelmi of Kleenex, are you?
        Darn you computer and your faulty spell-check, darn you to the worst place I can imagine, New York City.

Another reason I liked Smallville, they stayed away from the shity city for most of the earlier seasons.
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
        X