Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 04:32 AM
Cashier

lol, it's not that I have a jar of dirt myself, although I will be working on having a small one...it's a line from the new Pirates of The Caribbean movie. I'm a film major so my signature will have all sorts of random movie quotes in it from time to time

Old 07-11-2006, 05:20 AM
Noli nothis permittere te tere

Quote:
Quoth CherryCokeKissez
not appreciate or even recognize what we have done to make her comfortable and enjoy her visit, that's when we don't want to do a thing to help her.
well then I hate to sound harsh but, then stop.

stop going the extra mile, let her know (politely, always kill them with kindness) that your not going to put up with it anymore. do everything you have to but nothing more.

treat her like any other customer. Dont seat her first no matter how much she complains, dont stick around to listen to her complain etc (always easyier said than done right) it just sounds as if she knows she has you guys wrapped around her little finger and shes milking it.

shes either going to buck up her ideas or start going elsewhere. shes acting like a spoilt child, so treat her like one.

if you can, stand up to management, if she wants to complain, INSIST to the manager that she said she would ONLY deal with a manager (stretch the truth if you have to) find out how to manipluate your manager eg some of mine would do anything if I needed saving, as in, I just cant do it right and you always do it perfect, or play up how mad corporate might be if she complains etc.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Bagger

Quote:
Quoth Kiwi
well then I hate to sound harsh but, then stop.

stop going the extra mile, let her know (politely, always kill them with kindness) that your not going to put up with it anymore. do everything you have to but nothing more.

treat her like any other customer.
I have to agree - my boss did a favor for a 'customer' once, and we're still paying for that. Now, we treat him with a minimum of service - unfortunately, it hasn't stopped him yet.

When I get a chance, I'll post it...

Old 07-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Cashier

When I worked at Budget, we had a deaf customer that would try and act like he "hadn't understood," what the terms were every time he rented. Every time he returned, he had a "problem," and my coworkers and I would just cringe when they saw him coming. Finally, we started communicating with him through writing, keeping the papers we wrote out our discussions on, and making him a copy for "his records." The first time he returned a car after, he tried to get up to his old tricks, and we just pulled out the piece of paper and said, "No, you knew about that, see? And you have a copy too." Soon enough, he started pestering Hertz instead.

Old 07-12-2006, 05:35 PM
needlework fiend

CCK, I'm with Kiwi on this one. You and the staff have been kind to a fault and now you're getting paid back with bratty behavior. Unacceptable. Kiwi's approach is a good one--be polite, be kind, and absolutely no more putting up with tantrums, lies, etc.

I know this is far easier said than done, especially since we're not the ones who have to deal with this woman. But it seems to me she's obviously decided to manipulate and intimidate the lot of you, so--no more extra consideration. She gets the same amount of polite attention and care any customer would. If that isn't enough, she can go somewhere else to eat, just like anyone else.

If you were just ranting and not looking for advice, my apologies. But I think you and the rest of the staff at your restaurant deserve better, especially since you were doing your best to be kind to someone who has it tougher in some ways than the rest of us.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:21 PM
insane in the membrane

i'd also document her behavior (date, time, actions) just in case she threatens with any kind of action, so you're covered. you never know just how far someone might try to take something, and i have this weird feeling that she has 'lawsuit whore' written on her somewhere...

A suggestion.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Alpha Geek

Default A suggestion.

I'm not condoning any SC actions but a suggestion:
Contact you local Council for the Blind office to see if they'll translate your menu into Braile and ask for several copies. When she comes in hand her a copy of the Braile version and that will show her that you're going out of your way to accomodate the blind folks. I've a friend that lost his sight in RVN and he has told me that having a menu read to him makes him feel like a child. He will frequent an establishment that caters to his needs. It could be that she's very frustrated and releasing said frustration on you poor folks.
I have a fear of blindness and it appears that I'll probably be blind before my time is over so I tend to have alot of sympathy for sight imparement.

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952
Closed Thread