Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Social worker to the stars!

^^^ Oh yes indeed it was. That was wonderful!

Old 07-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Canadian EH'hole

If you only knew how many times I've been that manager. I also enjoy people who refused to pay their bill (because we've kicked them out or whatever reason), I tell them we're keeping their stuff, locking the door, and selling it to cover the costs. They cry lawyer, and then find out they're screwed.

Knowing the Innkeeper's Act inside and out is fun!

Johnnie Cochran at my disposal!
Old 07-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Bagger

Default Johnnie Cochran at my disposal!

Ahh yes, I was threatened numerous times from some "all-star" employees of FedEx. Over the course of a year, I would fire several people. I considered myself one of the most laid-back managers there, but things like chronic abesenteeism, coming in drunk, sneaking off repeatedly to smoke cigarettes, and outright insubordination were things I would not put up with. Even though it clearly stated on the application that you could be "terminated for any or no reason", I knew to cover my keester and document EVERYTHING.

Needless to say, when I had enough ammunition to get rid of somebody, they would become extremely beligerent. It was never their fault either- it was mine. I was a "racist mo-fo *insert string of unintelligible babbling* and I was going to hear from their lawyers. That part always made me smile... OK, so you live in a craphole apartment in Cabrini Green, you openly admit to spending all your money on Olde English Malt Liquor and pot, and yet you can still afford to retain a crack team of high-level attorneys? Interesting...

In the end, I do remember one guy that actually had the gall to go to court. He was terminated for chronic absenteeism and poor performance. This means that he called off 2 to 3 days a week for a few weeks, and would NOT work unsupervised. If I left him alone for more than a minute, he would stop working and just sit down in his trailer. He demanded from the court that he receive unemployment compensation- but after the human resources person showed the judge his attendance record, the judge just said "forget it" and threw it out. Sweet...

My Myspace profile: http://www.myspace.com/howlerassaultbot
My Myspace MUSIC profile: http://www.myspace.com/farpointproject

Old 07-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Huzzah!

I had a guy try and pull law on me to fix his computer. He came in with a pirated copy of XP which, naturally, we can't let leave until it has a legal copy. I informed the guy of that, and said he had to buy a copy of XP. Otherwise, it wasn't leaving the shop.
He got rather pissed off, yelling that we were stealing his computer, and, at one point, tried to barge into the back and get it. However, our staff is pretty...well, built for a bunch of IT guys, so he failed.
He left, saying he was going to call the RCMP.

Sure enough, a cruiser is out front in 10 minutes, and a Mountie is talking to one of the other techs. However, we told him, and proved, that he had an illegal copy of XP. So, the cops told him to pay up, or HE was the one getting busted.

Moron paid up rather promptly.

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:50 AM
Philosophical Tomato

Quote:
Quoth Ryu
we have YEARS old candy in our display case and when we run out of that candy people want the one in the display and threaten to sue for false advertising if we dont give it to them...
...and then they'd sue if they ate it and got sick.

I had a student try to say that it was "the law" that she didn't need to tell me exactly what was wrong with her internet (I think she said something along the lines of she didn't "have to" talk to anyone except the IT director about hardware problems...well why did you call the library lab then?)