Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Member of the T Plush fan club

Quote:
Quoth DGoddess
What do you mean "in the next life?" They already are less than perfect examples already just in their behavior
I was so mad when I read that that I wasn't clear. I hope they come back as something that falls into their opinion as "less than perfect". Better?
3rd shift needs love, too
RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Old 07-12-2006, 09:28 PM
needlework fiend

I am also a large woman, and have had many insults and nasty remarks sent my way over the years. *sigh* Many of the people sending them are far from perfect specimens themselves, so what gives them the right to say anything?

Usually I simply walk away since it's not worth engaging in a war of words with an unarmed opponent but once I did get in a good zinger. To one man who insisted on being really obnoxious and downright cruel about my appearance, I finally said "I'm about to lose 200 pounds of ugly fat--when you walk out the door." The guy turned beet red and walked away without another word.

Anyway, it's too bad you had to endure some jerk's feeble attempt to prop up his non-existent self-respect by flailing at yours. Consider the source and hang in there.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Noli nothis permittere te tere

Quote:
Quoth erik316wttn
Two incidents today.

1) Eating there will make you sick and fat and ugly
well I agree with that one, I think maccas is quite discusting (food wise not employee wise.. we all have to pay rent) and at least she was parenting her kids... even if in a strange way. Although if she was saying that directed it at you then how pathetic of her.

but the second guy... what a prick!! How dare he say that to you

perfect responce "well you cant lose ugly, so how unfortunate for you" although that would most likely get you in trouble.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:46 AM
Insert clever title here

Quote:
Quoth Brighid45
I am also a large woman, and have had many insults and nasty remarks sent my way over the years. *sigh* Many of the people sending them are far from perfect specimens themselves, so what gives them the right to say anything?
I've never figured that out either.

One time I was having lunch at a salad bar, and after I made my salad I made a small dessert as well. I heard a man's voice behind me, "Are you sure that's on your diet?" I turned around and there was this jerk with a s***-eating grin. He'd said that. The kicker? He was nearly twice my size!!!

I really wanted to say, "No, but it's on your suit!" and smear it all over his jacket. But I'm too nice.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:39 AM
Customer

Perhaps those who feel they have to make fun of others do so to hide their fears about themselves, and that is why it's the not-so-perfect-yourself types who do it.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:41 AM
Balloon Whisperer

While we do have freedom of speech in the US, we also have the freedom to keep it to ourselves. There's a saying along the lines of "Better to not say anything and have people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"!

Quote:
Quoth Kiwi
well I agree with that one, I think maccas is quite discusting (food wise not employee wise.. we all have to pay rent) and at least she was parenting her kids... even if in a strange way.
There's nothing wrong with eating at Mickey D's (I love their fries!). Eating too much of anything is really the problem, not what's being eaten. A dietician (sp?) years ago in my hometown said it all comes down to moderation. "Moderation in all things including moderation". (Can't remember who said that one either. My brain cell problem is covered in another rant!)

Old 07-13-2006, 01:46 AM
Customer

Indeed, maccas can be a part of a balanced diet. And now that they have healthier options, it needn't necessarily be blanket ruled out like that.

I'd hate to think I could stop in and pick up a chicken salad and be considered more disgusting than the person making their own lunch at home, deep frying their own hot dog and chips. (Hot dog as in battered sausage on a stick, not weiner in a bun).

Old 07-13-2006, 02:26 AM
Noli nothis permittere te tere

I dont want to thread jack, but I didnt say I thought people who ate maccas were disgusinting, I said that the food was disgusting. I believe that junk food like that (in excess sorry I sould have made that clear) does make people look ill.

Sorry if their was any confusing or offence caused, I certainly did not mean it intentionally.

I still think what those people said to the original poster is mean and nasty and they have no right to air their opinions to a cashier who isnt in a posistion to speak her mind back.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Cashier

Quote:
Quoth erik316wttn
Two incidents today.

"No, why'd they put YOU in here? You look like you've had more than your share of donuts in your lifetime."

"In that case, you should be standing by the laxatives, shithead"

Old 07-13-2006, 03:43 AM
Lunatic posing as normal!

I agree with kiwi, actually.

The first comment, although rude, was true to a point.

The second comment was completely uncalled for.

I know eating in moderation is the key, but food choice is also important.

Yeah, McD's has healthier choices now, blah blah blah, but when kids are whining for McDonald's, it's certainly not usually for the chicken salad.

They tend to want the fried and cholesterol heavy items on the menu.
So, in that case, yeah, the Mom was saying no and although it was worded poorly, she had a valid reason for doing so.