Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Closed Thread

Darned cute
Old 02-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Will Work for Bacon

Default Darned cute

This evening I had clinic in the hospital with my students (OB rotation). We had a busy night: three deliveries in rapid order.

I spent a good part of the evening helping my students do assessments and give meds to the newborns. Meanwhile, the window looking into the nursery was full of happy families gazing on the new babies. One of them was a very cut four or five year old boy in an orange shirt.

Later, I was on the post partum unit, when I ran into some of the extended family of one of the newborns. Happy Grandpa looked at me and said, "That sweet little boy really liked watching you and your students in the nursery."

Me: I'm glad he enjoyed the show He must be very excited.
Grandpa: Oh, yes. He told me, "They're from GCC (not the abbreviations of my real school)
Me: really? He knew that?
Grandpa: Oh yes. I asked him if he knew what it stood for. He said, "Generic . . . uh. . . Community . . uh, um." Then I said, "what's UNCG stand for" and he said, "University" and I said, what's like a university, and the boy wais, "College!"
Me: That really is sweet.
Grandpa: He then said, "I want to go there."
Me: Well, we have an open admissions policy!