Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

New Job Position is AWESOME.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Front End Supervisor

Cool New Job Position is AWESOME.

*My turn to get lunch. While I was away, Co-Worker was fixing an old lady's phone. Dude walks in, Co-worker politely says "I will be with you in just a moment, sir." Dude yells "Don't bother! I'm leaving! This music makes me want to slit my wrists!" Radio was playing softly, one could barely hear the Rage Against the Machine on the local rock station. Paul politely asks Dude what music he prefers. Dude responds with "Country, and country only!" in an authoritative voice. Paul smiles and says "Well sir, that's a coincidence. Country makes me want to slit my wrists!" Dude storms out, Old Lady laughs heartily.

*Five minutes ago, same co-worker is selling a phone to a different guy. Guy asks "Does this phone have that Paris Hilton Night Vision feature with the camera?"

This new job is so unbelievably awesome. And I am so not being sarcastic. This is a whole new breed of retarded people. I love it.

Old 07-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Store Manager

lol, sounds like you'll have plenty of stories for us courtesy of this job.
And i agree, country music makes me wanna slit my wrists too.

Old 07-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Front End Supervisor

Well it's essentually the same job. Boss just closed my local store, and I work at the one in Kansas City now. I have a few more responsibilities though. The customers are different, and my co-worker is awesome, and will be handy to have around as backup for the jerks. Yay me.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:19 PM
wally world wage wench

yeah, kansas city has some wierd ones, everywhere from the snobby plaza entitled to the country hicks that dont know. so, what type of business is this wonderous job of freedom?

Old 07-08-2006, 05:35 AM
Bagger

Quote:
Quoth Myra
Guy asks "Does this phone have that Paris Hilton Night Vision feature with the camera?"
hehe... that is classic myra :P

Old 07-08-2006, 05:38 AM
Cable Diva

Country could make anyone suicidal. Myra...what new position? New location?

Heh heh.

Old 07-08-2006, 02:53 PM
The Guide to Nowhere

All this bashing on country music. Dang, makes me want to fire up a old pickin' song.

I never understood people "hatred" for specific type of music. I have my preference, so does everyone. But as long it's music, it's music. Now I can understand the dislike of a specific band's choice of lyrics.

That Dude is missing a few screws, country has their version of "metal" too. Anyone ever listen to the original Kentucky Headhunters?

Old 07-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Pinball Wizard

Quote:
Quoth LostMyMind
I never understood people "hatred" for specific type of music. I have my preference, so does everyone. But as long it's music, it's music. Now I can understand the dislike of a specific band's choice of lyrics.
It comes from being in a store, or an office, or (worst of all) work, or somewhere else, that has a type of music you're not particularly fond of playing. And playing. And playing. And playing. And you can't get away from it because you need to see the doctor, or keep a steady paycheck, or whatever.

Repeated, prolonged exposure builds "I'm not fond of this" to "AIIIEEE!!! MY BRAIN'S MELTING!"

(BTW: I frequently listen to music for the music, not the lyrics, so I'm often annoyed by any choice of words that gets in the way of the music.)

Old 07-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Yes, I am A REAL GHOST HUNTER

Country is good. I don't like Rap, but I can listen to it.

Old 07-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Twilight Vanquisher

Quote:
Quoth Gurndigarn
It comes from being in a store, or an office, or (worst of all) work, or somewhere else, that has a type of music you're not particularly fond of playing. And playing. And playing. And playing. And you can't get away from it because you need to see the doctor, or keep a steady paycheck, or whatever.
I can agree with this.

I hate country music passionately.

I'm certain that this started with my parents, because that's all they will listen to. Years and years of the same old records being played over and over every weekend will eventually make your ears bleed. I couldn't really escape the music in my room either because they are mostly deaf so would crank the music.

Before they overplayed it, I actually liked some of it.

It just continues nowadays at work. There are certain departments that play it constantly...half the time I wander by at odd hours, no one is there...but by God, the country music is still going. Arg. There's just no way to escape it sometimes.
Closed Thread