This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But it's snot

Almost forgot this one, until another post reminded me of it.

Customer: (blows her nose) Excuse me, but I have allergies. They're really bad this time of year. (Goes on to tell me the woes of having allergies.)
    Me (making conversation): Fortunately, I don't have allergies.
    Customer: It's like having a bad cold. I'm told that the difference is that if you have allergies, the snot is clear. If you have a cold, the snot is all yucky and stuff. But my nose is just like a water faucet. It's like somebody turned the knob and water is gushing out of my nose. Have you ever heard of that?
    Me: No. But since I'm going on lunch break after this call, I'll have the chance to discuss it with my co-workers.
    Customer: It would be interesting to know if anyone else has the same symptoms I do.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

At least she did not ask you to throw away the kleenex, like some lady did to me once.
    "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
    ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Well, she does have a point. Cause if it's a cold or the flu, it'll be full of bacteria and viruses and other unhealthy crap. For allergies, it'll just be pollen and such. Isn't it lovely people are so willing to sharing this kind of stuff with total strangers?
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Ewww talk about TMI.

Comment

YUCK!
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Just another reminder that I'm safer behind a phone than behind a counter. You guys have some strong stomachs!
            The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

I also am glad I'm not a cashier.

If I ever do go back to cashiering, I'm going to have a nice supply of latex gloves. Some people are just sooooooooooooooooooo gross.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine
                I also am glad I'm not a cashier.

If I ever do go back to cashiering, I'm going to have a nice supply of latex gloves. Some people are just sooooooooooooooooooo gross.
                That's why when I'm working at my one job, I wear plastic gloves. Not cause I'm touching their food, it because I work at an extremely dirty place with a lot of shady people.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Ew ew ew. One time I was waiting on a man who REEKED of fish and left greasy fingerprints Everywhere! I live in a well to do community but there's nasty people everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X