This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Spend Enough Money Here!

My sympathies to anyone working in the service industry, however those of us who work at a customer service desk always get the worst of the worst customers. This will probably not be my last post on here.

So this old bastard walks up and before I can ask him anything he shouts, "I NEED A PEN" and proceeds to grab MY pen that I left near the register by mistake. It's okay I'm used to rude assholes...it's what the service industry is all about.

However this customer is nortorious for trying to act like he owns the place. He has told people to clean up crumbs or other things off counters and the floors. I have never listened to this dude because he doesn't sign my paycheck. Hell I don't trust anyone who's toupee doesn't match the rest of their hair color.

He proceeds to fill out his lotto card, then throws it at me and says 'Here'. Now do I need to remind you that I never asked him if he needed help.

So I run his lotto through, then this he tried to pull another move. I take his money and he is still clutching my pen. We have to buy our own pens because the store got tired of buying them.

So he starts to walk off, and I say "Sir can I have my pen back." And he shoots back, "Well I spend ENOUGH money here, I thought I could keep it." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? So I say, "Sir that is my personal pen, I bought it myself." So throws it down on the counter and says, "FINE" and walks off.

I cannot wait until I turn in my two weeks notice here.
    --AmericanZero8503--
    Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

GADS I hate pen thieves! I used to have to buy my own too, so I got with my buddy who worked at Builder's Square at the time, and he gave me a great idea! I got a nice gothic finial, and did some fiddling with it with some tape to get the pen to stay nice and snug inside the end-piece. You could still write with it, but you can be SURE those people wouldn't try to take off with it....................at least most of the time. ;-)
    Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

What an ass!
      I make my pens all ugly to keep people from taking them.
      WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

After he threw your pen back at you, you should have shouted:

"And this store makes enough money where it wouldn't matter if cheap, rude assholes like you quit coming here altogether!"
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

or....
          I make my pens to keep ugly people from taking them.

WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

If you have to have pens available, be sure to get the cheap stick-type, and leave the caps OFF. Hide the caps behind the counter, or in your pocket, or somewhere else. Capless pens are a little bit less likely to walk away.
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I put my pens in my pocket so I need them to have a cap. However, I stop my pens being stolen by buying either weird novelty pens or green/red pens; people seem to hate both. It's worth the slight irritation caused by people whining "Don't you have a blue pen?".
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

.another thing you could say to this dude is that he could bring his own dang pen
                Last edited by Crow The Robot; 07-09-2006, 11:31 PM.

Comment

(not condoning violence towards customers, this is merely a fantasy)

Some days I wish I could use my pen in a "stabby" way...
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

I might be able to tolerate losing the pen if I didn't have the jerk barking at me and making demands like I'm a lower life-form instead of a fellow human being. I bet he wonders why he doesn't have any friends. What a !
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I had a woman in today who actually asked if she could take one of our pens. We (read: I) had just recieved and put away a huge shipment of office supplies, so I said that she could go ahead and take it. She was one of those people who says something, stops, and then starts talking again as soon as you do, no matter how long you wait before replying.

Her: This is a nice pen.
                      Me: Yeah, they're -
                      Her: Can I take it?
                      Me: Well, I don-
                      Her: I mean, you probably have tons of them, right?
                      Me: *pause* We have som-
                      Her: It's a nice shade of blue.
                      Me: *pauses for a full twenty seconds* Well, it's-
                      Her: I think I'll just take this pen, OK?
                      Me: ...Fine, yeah, whatever, just take it.

That's one of my biggest pet peeves, so mostly I just wanted her to get out. She did it the entire time that I was trying to explain our VHS Clearance Sale, and why I couldn't give her the five-for-fifteen pricing on just one item.

They are nice pens, except they're gel ink, so they're not so good for deposit slips or writing on the plastic deposit bags. One or two have accidentally ended up in my purse, so whatever.

I just hate the ones that claim they didn't take it even though you just WATCHED them put it into their purse or pocket. I just let them leave, I don't have time to deal with a head case.

Comment

Quoth bars.of.a.rhyme
                        Her: I think I'll just take this pen, OK?
                        *NOT* ok.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with people?!? How would they like it if we just decided to take shit from them?

Imagine reaching into her purse. "Hmm. This looks like a nice tube of lipstick. Can I take it? You probably have tons of lipstick... it *is* a nice shade of red. I think I'll just take this tube of lipstick, ok?"

And of course, if WE did it we'd be wrong...
                        "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

the answer to all your prayers....

the totally uncool, totally tacky but totally thief proof

"Pen-on-a-rope"

I used one at the craft store, people used to claim that the pen I had handed over was THEIR pen, and I never gave them a pen and this came out of my hand bag blah blah blah...

a little harder to do when I have the connecting cap strung around my neck like a dorky uncool idiot now isnt it.... but I still had my pen at the end of the day!!

and anyway it matched the stupid measuring tape I had to have strung around my neck as well....good place for my name badge, much easyier to take off on my breaks to.
                          Last edited by Kiwi; 07-10-2006, 06:29 AM.
                          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi
                            the answer to all your prayers....

the totally uncool, totally tacky but totally thief proof

"Pen-on-a-rope"
                            Holy God, why didn't I think of that? *smack forehead*

I'll pass that along to my corporate masters...I don't know if they'll want me gluing something to the glass countertop...but good idea.

If that doesn't work I'll just get a firearm.

SC: Hey, can I take this -
                            Me: (BANG as I shoot the pen, sending cerulean ink splattering across the counter and my customer.) No.
                            SC: But you just destroyed it anyway.
                            Me: I'd rather see it in a million pieces than in your purse. It was for its own good. Out.

*Glee*

I like your idea too, Juniormintz. Next time that woman comes in and rents a DVD with a bonus material disc I'll just take it. After all, there's two discs in there. She doesn't need them both. Selfish.

Comment

I had accidentily brought my $9 fairy pen from hottopoic one time, and was using it until manager could bring another one. *I had only been on shift like 10 minutes* when this ugly woman commented how pretty it was, and joked about taking it. I told her that it was my favorite and I loved it etc.
                              Ten minutes after she left when I went to get the pen again, it was gone
                              No, I do not work here, yes I am open, No, it is not free, every item we had "in the back" has been eaten by drunken sailors. Now that we've covered the basics, how may I help you?

Comment

Working...
                              X