This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 question

not that familiar with xbox 360 beyond turning it on and playing. last night went to turn it on and the game ran but the screen had thin vertical green stripes and a green hue over it and was like that for a while. So saved the game, let the system be for a while and went to play it the next day. It was fine for five minutes then it did it again. So I restarted and an error screen with "E 74" came up and only one section of the ring was red.

me thinks it is the video card? Just asking before calling tech support to ship it off.

Apparently it can also be caused by a bad A/V cable.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Yeah, see if you can try another AV cable. Barring that, you will need to send it off.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

thankies! will do so when i get a chance. (or rather have hubby do it because he is the one that hooked it up and I cannot reach behind the tv for now)

Comment

must....not...kill...spouse.
          now he killed my xbox.
          short history. the system that has issues is his, when i moved in after getting married i already had an xbox, his is the elite version, mine is not no biggie. and now he left MINE on while running off to do errands WITHOUT telling me. and now mine is dead and possibly fried.
          its not that he killed it i could care less about the system, as that can be taken care of.
          I'm more angry that he did the same thing again.
          sorry for the rant but at least i know whats going on. time to crack open extensive manuals and educate myself. *re-read and just get a clue as i should have*

Comment

Working...
          X