This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck - retail!

I've been job hunting in my new state for a bit but nothing's panned out until now... A part time job at a big name retail store.

In all honesty I'd rather be working non-retail but hell, for now I'll take the money while I continue job hunting.

My condolences. I got out of retail hell and happily remain away from it. I sympathize with all my former brethren still stuck there.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Well first day of work wasn't bad.

my feet are sore but i took a lot of notes cos... it was a bit much to take in, so I knew I'd be forgetting stuff right away. (and being ADD (non hyper unless there's lots of coffee) doesn't help).

and they gave me good hours this week so i can't complain about that.

can't say I wanna spend the rest of my life there but it's not bad yet.

Comment

Taking notes is a good idea. While I was at the wholesale club, I bought a small little notebook and jotted down SKUs and whatnot in there, to save me time whenever someone brought up a bag of produce that didn't have a barcode on it. Any new employee I saw, I recommended they do the same: "Go next door to Wally World, buy yourself one of these, they're about fifty cents, and keep notes for what to do. You can keep it in the pocket of your work vest."

A lot of them did so. Management was against the idea of having a flip-book of SKUs and similar things at the registers (like most grocery stores do), so I made my own, and they couldn't fault me for it.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Good luck...you're gonna need it...lol.

Comment

Best of luck with the new job!
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

i admit... i don't *entirely* want to work here. One of the days off I had was specifically spent in interviews for a full time position with another company (non-retail industrial computers)

however, while i'm here they are going to get someone who likes working and likes doing her job. seriously, i rather like it more than my last job. and it's healthy to be productive. plus i'm rather enjoying what i'm doing actually.

as for my notebook... i should have gotten a bigger one. maybe later. though if i leave i'll probably toss it in their shredder.

:-)

Comment

Working...
              X