This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irv vs. The Invoice

I spent today covering for the receiving clerk while she works at some brat fry over the weekend.

One of the things I have to do in her job is check microsoft outlook every so often for e-mails from corporate, because from time to time frequently fuck ups of some sort happen that require us to rescan or re-check in merchandise because it didn't take the first time.

I got one of those e-mails today. The invoice for our Coke delivery yesterday had an error in transmission. Apparently they forgot to carry the 2 or some such bullpucky.

Normally, when Coke and select other vendors come in to drop off merchandise, they have some electronic...thing with them, they stick their thing in our...place, a paper invoice spits out for us to retain, then you go into a program on the store scanner and scan their products as they tell you the quantity they're delivering. Then, at the end everything magically adds up correctly, you close out the invoice, the vendor rep is free to take his product to the salesfloor, and you're free to return to return. Or return to daydreaming about licking banana pudding off Kristen Bell's nekkid body.

Only the products on this invoice had already been stocked to the floor, there was no vendor rep to tell me the quantity of each product, and I had to create a new invoice based off the old one left yesterday. And this had to be done by me, no letting it wait until the receiving clerk returned on Monday, because corporate automatically pays all invoices three days after getting them, and if they paid the invoice without us acknowledging it and checking in product, it would mean Dire Fucking Consequences for our on-hands and our shrinkage. And since inventory is little more than a week away, the problem would be quickly found and pointed fingers would be thrust in my direction.

So I grabbed my scanner and the paper invoice. It asked me to input the total quantity and the cost. Done. Now, to input the UPC of the first product on the list....crap, it won't fit. Let's try cutting off the first zero. Okay, that worked. Yippee! So all I have to do is input the UPC and the quantity that was delivered for each item on the invoice. Done....

...except now the costs don't match. Shit, I guess I was supposed to enter something there? Okay, let's go back and put in the total cost for each UPC, Badda bing, badda boom....

...and now the total cost is much too high at the end. Dammit. I guess I have to put in the unit cost instead, and the scanner will make the calculation for me. So, here I go again, typing in UPCs and costs, and huzzah! I'm done!

NOW WHAT!? I'm missing one UPC and $24. AAAAAAGGGGGHHHH. It won't let me transmit the invoice until everything matches up perfectly! Okay, let's go through the list again, one by one,....

...two times, HAHAHA! I FOUND THE CULPRIT. I missed a UPC during my first attempt. I added it to the invoice, along with the $24 cost.

It's letting me transmit the invoice! I HAVE DEFEATED YOU! EAT YOUR MELTED SHIT!

An hour-long ordeal. Why must this always happen on my days to fill in? That done, I was free to go back to....

...work. What kinda guy do you think I am?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    What kinda guy do you think I am?
    Well, since you asked...

YOU....are my number one....GUY
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      some brat fry
      So... is there an upper age limit on these? Because my sister is pushing 30, but she's still a major brat.
      EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
      ~-~
      Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Quoth Aisling View Post
        So... is there an upper age limit on these? Because my sister is pushing 30, but she's still a major brat.
        Only the wurst brats are allowed.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Only the wurst brats are allowed.
          Badum dum Tish!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Well, since you asked...

YOU....are my number one....GUY
            You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

:-)
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
            X