Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And How Long Will This Manager last at our store?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And How Long Will This Manager last at our store?

Yep, after 2 months of Opie playing double-duty and hardly having any time off, we finally have a new store manager.

He started a week ago Monday and so far, he's not bad. He's on the young side and this is his first store as a manager (he'd previously been an Ass Man at another store and a Grocery Manager at yet another location) so he's learning the ropes.

And, as a plus, he seems pretty cool personality-wise. So far, so good.

One thing I've noticed about him thus far: he's pretty wound up at times in a rather enthusiastic way. You'll hear him periodically in the back room shouting "WHOOO!" It's quite comical, really. Makes me think he's trying to impersonate Rick Flair.

So I guess we'll call this one "Nature Boy" since "Cheetah Part 2" would be too long to say (and yes he's good buddies with Cheetah. I asked him on his first day if they were cousins.)

And as a result, and after Nature Boy saw my backstock room (which was getting to the point where I needed a search warrant to find anything) I finally got some extra hours on Monday (got to work 8 hours . . whoo-hoo) on getting as much of the backstock worked to the sales floor and I shifted a bunch of stuff that went NOF that was discontinued long ago to the computer room so it'd be easier to get to when we start reducing it to get rid of it ASAP.

Which we'll need to . . . we go live with CAO in less than a month.

And everybody I've talked with so far seems to like him fine as well. I know our CSM has heard that Nature Boy has plans to help improve the store, so we'll see if they leave him here long enough to see those plans through.

And, he's also absent-minded. He left his store walk sheets on top of some of my totes while I was sorting through the rest of the HBC order and got sidetracked. I called him out of the meat cutting room to take them back.

He admitted he has a tendency to lay stuff down and forget about it. So now we know . . . he's like a little kid when it comes to losing stuff. I bet his wife has her hands full when he's home.

As long as he doesn't misplace his brain, he should be okay.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

That just sounds awesome.

Call him "Naitch" and encourage the "WHOOO!" more often.

But not the bleeding from the forehead. The real Ric Flair's forehead's skin has the consistency of tissue paper now and he bleeds literally at the drop of a hat.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      That just sounds awesome.

Call him "Naitch" and encourage the "WHOOO!" more often.

But not the bleeding from the forehead. The real Ric Flair's forehead's skin has the consistency of tissue paper now and he bleeds literally at the drop of a hat.
      Don't worry . . . we do like to egg him on, as he's so funny when he does that.

He's also addicted to those AMP energy drinks too . . . now we know why he's a bundle of energy.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        Don't worry . . . we do like to egg him on, as he's so funny when he does that.

He's also addicted to those AMP energy drinks too . . . now we know why he's a bundle of energy.
        He's already better off than Flair, then.

I know most of Flair's antics can be explained by Crazy Old Man Power, but I think he's snorting some nose candy, too.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

<_< >_> Tell him to drink about half an Amp. (Has to be at least half) and then pour in 2-5 pixie stix.

It's fun!

Comment

Quoth Dasota View Post
            <_< >_> Tell him to drink about half an Amp. (Has to be at least half) and then pour in 2-5 pixie stix.

It's fun!
            no! no! not again!
            There are only two rules of tactics: never be without a plan, and never rely on it.

Comment

Quoth redleg View Post
              no! no! not again!
              I don't do it all the time. Usually during finals week and/or at cons.

Comment

Quoth Dasota View Post

It's fun!
                Be our luck we'd get him to do something like that . . . and it would end up being on a day when the Ass DM is visiting and scare the guy (Ass DM) to death.

Comment

Quoth Dasota View Post
                  I don't do it all the time. Usually during finals week and/or at cons.
                  I had a friend drop a pair of No-Doz into a Jolt Cola at a con, once, and all of us will swear that we say him go through a support pillar, he was buzzing around the room so fast.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X