This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad fake ID!

oh man this one was crazy and the ending? Even crazier!!!

Okay, this wasn't my customer but I got to watch it anyway. I felt like I needed popcorn while watching.

My CW came into the back and said she thought this Colorado ID and credit card looked funny. It did. It didn't match ANYTHING in our ID books AND it looked like a washed out teenager's attempt at a fake ID. The credit card? It had multiple imprints of numbers on it and the bin numbers were totally different.

Obviously it was fake... Now it was issued in 2011 and it said the guy was born in 1989... Another co worker on the front line came back and said the guy had another ID.

Funny thing though, his ID and credit card were clearly fake and he had another ID??

Of course though the North Dakota ID he presented may have been real BUT he was under 21. Now can you honestly tell me that the first one was real if he's under 21???

We called security who then gave him back his shit and told him to get out. WHY OH WHY did they hand him back his stuff??? We knew it was fake but they gave him back his stuff so that he could use it elsewhere!!

MY SV's reasoning? "We're not 100 percent sure it's fake."

Oh REALLY!? Then why did one say he was 21 but the other didn't??? And the cops were just upstairs.. Like a few feet away but NO they let this guy walk! No wonder there is so much identity theft and crime in the world! IDIOTS!

Ya know, I've HAD my SSN, credit cards, and the like stolen. Speaking from that perspective...

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
      We knew it was fake but they gave him back his stuff so that he could use it elsewhere!!
      Technically speaking, in most places, as private security that are not technically law enforcement personnel, they would not have the right to confiscate private property, fake ID or not. There are exceptions to this, of course, such as when a credit card company instructs a vendor to seize or destroy a credit card, as part of the contract between the credit card company and the credit card holder gives the credit card company the right to do so. But fake or not, the items were still the private property of the nitwit in question.

Quoth Anakah View Post
      And the cops were just upstairs.. Like a few feet away but NO they let this guy walk!
      This, however, is idiotic. Even if the security guys didn't have the right to confiscate these things, the cops certainly did, and why the security guys didn't march the guy up there, or have the cops come to them, I have no idea. Stupid, really.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Technically speaking, in most places, as private security that are not technically law enforcement personnel, they would not have the right to confiscate private property, fake ID or not. There are exceptions to this, of course, such as when a credit card company instructs a vendor to seize or destroy a credit card, as part of the contract between the credit card company and the credit card holder gives the credit card company the right to do so. But fake or not, the items were still the private property of the nitwit in question.

This, however, is idiotic. Even if the security guys didn't have the right to confiscate these things, the cops certainly did, and why the security guys didn't march the guy up there, or have the cops come to them, I have no idea. Stupid, really.
        It also must be said that what's he gonna do, call the cops on you for stealing his fake id? If he gets them involved, they'll surely throw whatever book is available at him for being stupid enough to have called them.

And the fact that he's got another id, which clearly doesn't match the first makes it clear that one of them is fake!

Perhaps next time management will do everyone a favor and call the cops (I'm not so much concerned with the id, bad though that is, but the credit card is a whole different game!)
        Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Or you can just say you'd like the "guest" to speak with an officer, because something is "unusual" about his ID. If kid has any sense he'll scamper off and be out a fake ID. If he doesn't have any sense, the officer can have a nice conversation with him.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

By the way, I should point out that it is NOT illegal to have a fake ID, as long as that fake ID does not in any way attempt to duplicate an actual government issued ID. It can look like AN official ID, but unless it attempts to replicate THE identification of that area (New Mexico, Idaho, whatever), it is within people's First Amendment rights to possess ID's that may not be wholly truthful. (Obviously this applies only in the U.S....I cannot and will not attempt to address ID laws in other countries, where I have never worked, nor been educated in the relevant laws.)

This is the reason why many fake IDs have a small phrase somewhere that says, "Not a government-issued ID" or some similar phraseology.

If a fake ID is, however, an attempt at duplicating an actual government-issued ID, than that is considered fraud, and that IS illegal.

Just saying.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

On a slight offshoot, once had someone send in a fake passport copy to take their pension. It was completely convincing except being in the name being "Arsehole" and the date of birth being sometime in the 1800s. He was a police officer and his coworkers had apparently been having fun with IDs (we know this because he had to send in a full explanation of the fake before we'd pay his pension out) and he hadn't realised before sending in a copy of his altered passport. Possibly the most fun phone call I've ever taken, hearing him explain and try to convince us that we could trust him, he was a policeman.

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                It also must be said that what's he gonna do, call the cops on you for stealing his fake id?
                We covered this in pharmacy law class.

Technically, a prescription remains the property of the customer until the medication is dispensed, at which time it becomes the pharmacy's property. (Which is why you never get your prescription back once you take your medication out of the store. I've had people come in and demand "their property" back, and I took great pleasure in informing them that it wasn't theirs anymore. Bring back the pills, and I'll hand you back the script. "Well I took them already." Well you're SOL, then.)

If a prescription is fraudulent, it can't legally be filled, but it therefore also remains the property of the attempted fraudster, and we can't legally keep it. On the other hand, if we do keep it anyway, I don't see anyone going to the cops and complaining that we stole their bogus prescription for Percocet or whatever.

Wait, I forgot where I was for a moment. I've had customers who might have been that stupid. Never had the cops called on me yet, though.

Comment

Working...
                X