This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hag calls me useless. *short*

I'm helping someone who took a number and waited to ask a question about fabric paint. Lady stands staring at me. I'm close to being done, so I figure in about 10 seconds I'll help her. She interrupts me after about 2.5 seconds and asks where the googly eyes are. I say something about them being in the middle of the store, and I can show her in just a second. She says she bought some the other day and they were HERE. I say "okay, well I know we have lots over there", but she cuts me off and storms away saying "you're USELESS." Literally seconds later she finds one in kids crafts (so we had ONE in that location, they are mostly in the basic craft aisle) and says loudly "here it is, you're WRONG."

Now for the awesome part. She needed more, and catches a co-worker who proceeds to walk her to the middle of the store, where we have like 10 different kinds and sizes. I full on glared at her as she came out of that aisle. I know she probably didn't notice or care (either that or she'll write in a complaint ) but it made me feel better. Oh, and she was nice to my co-worker and thanked her. But I didn't have the exact answer at the exact second that she interrupted then in her small, sour little mind, that makes me useless.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

customers who interrupt I just say, "I'll help you in a moment"

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
      customers who interrupt I just say, "I'll help you in a moment"
      Which they then ignore and go right ahead with their interruption, full speed. And if you don't ignore the person you were helping first to help them, you're RUUUUDE!!!eleventy!!!

It would be nice if the person you were helping first who got interrupted said something to put the buttinski in their place, but they don't have the courage.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I had a person interrupt me last night while I was ringing up a customer. He said "EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!" (you know, the way they all do) And then proceeded to tell me that he likes Dolly Parton, or no, not really likes her, but doesn't hate anyone etc etc etc.

I just kept nodding and ringing up the person I was waiting on .... who was rolling her eyes and shaking her head

Ain't got time for that nonsense!

Comment

How are you useless? You were helping another customer and did kinda help her! I'd call that multi-tasking. And I HATE it when customers expect you to help them right there and then when you're with another customer. Do they really think they're that special?

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
            Do they really think they're that special?
            Yes, yes they do.
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
            X