Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We haven't yet. The restaurant loan has yet to be paid.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Betty has postponed disaster again. At least temporarily. I called the county today and the property taxes for the second half of 2019 are paid (with 2 days to spare)! Now Betty has until the end of calendar year 2020 to pay the second installment on her agreement with the county plus the 2020 property taxes.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• IOW, Betty just bought herself another year for this nonsense.

Get ready for the foreclosure nonsense carousel.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• As someone who is seeing the foreclosure thing up close, and in the same state as Ghel, I just have to wonder when this nonsense will end.

My situation is that my business leases space in a property that is going through it right now. The property owner hasn't been paying property taxes, or the mortgage. The property went through a Sheriff's Auction right now, and (while we're not 100% on this), the bank owns it. Right now the property is in what's called a Redemption Period, that lasts 6 months. The property owner has the opportunity to make it right, but he won't. So, as of April 3rd, the bank owns the property outright.

After that, the bank can kick us out, with a 3 month notice. However, our lease ends at the end of September. All the experts we've talked to say that it's highly unlikely that the bank will kick us out before the end of our lease.

In all honesty, the bank is going to get hosed, because this property really has bad access issues. If they get 300k, I'd be amazed.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• Quoth taxguykarl View Post
            Get ready for the foreclosure nonsense carousel.
            I was hoping the link would lead us to a different kind of Carousel...
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post

Wait until Betty finds out the awful truth . . . there is no sanctuary.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                Wait until Betty finds out the awful truth . . . there is no sanctuary.
                DAMN IT YOU TWO beat me to BOTH scenes. The book was mostly different.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                  After that, the bank can kick us out, with a 3 month notice. However, our lease ends at the end of September. All the experts we've talked to say that it's highly unlikely that the bank will kick us out before the end of our lease.

In all honesty, the bank is going to get hosed, because this property really has bad access issues. If they get 300k, I'd be amazed.
                  Wouldn't it make more sense to sell with your business still operating? I'd have thought guaranteed income from a long-term tenant while the new owner decides whether to renovate or level and rebuild would be very attractive, and in the UK actually increases the property value.
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
                    Wouldn't it make more sense to sell with your business still operating? I'd have thought guaranteed income from a long-term tenant while the new owner decides whether to renovate or level and rebuild would be very attractive, and in the UK actually increases the property value.
                    The owner of the property wants to sell, but, he's very unlikely to get any takers. Anyone interested in the property also would know about the foreclosure process, and would just wait to get it for less from the bank.

All I know is the next few months will be interesting. I also know is I will be very happy to be out of the restaurant business come later this year. It's time for me to move on.
                    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

No, that carousel will be when the foreclosure finally happens.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                        No, that carousel will be when the foreclosure finally happens.
                        I think Betty actually DYING would be more likely to happen before the foreclosure, at this point...
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

LOL I just watched that on AMC Sunday. Followed by Soylent.
                          AkaiKitsune
                          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

• Virus closing

All restaurants are feeling the pinch, I can`t imagine how Betty can survive this virus crunch. Sales will be off, but also there are lots of banks who will find they have to trim the fat and get rid of their worse customers.

I can`t see her getting the lighter treatment she has also have so far, I think she is doomed now.

Comment

• Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                              All restaurants are feeling the pinch, I can`t imagine how Betty can survive this virus crunch. Sales will be off, but also there are lots of banks who will find they have to trim the fat and get rid of their worse customers.

I can`t see her getting the lighter treatment she has also have so far, I think she is doomed now.
                              I'd say yes and no. Restaurants in the state of Minnesota are closed to dine in until the end of the month. As someone who owns a restaurant that is hard hit by it, I can say that my sales are down by around 70%. It's hurting, and killing small restaurants. I'd say that Betty is in the same boat.

Now, on the other hand, I know that the banks really don't want the property, so, if they can make it work, they will try in this environment. I'm also dealing with that right now, because the property my restaurant leases from is now banked owned as of the 3rd of April, and they really didn't want it, and were working hard with the previous owner to figure out a way not to get it.

Comment

• Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                                I'm also dealing with that right now, because the property my restaurant leases from is now banked owned as of the 3rd of April, and they really didn't want it, and were working hard with the previous owner to figure out a way not to get it.
                                Do you know if the bank trying to get market value, payoff value or something in between?
                                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                                Save the Ales!
                                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X