This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're Lying

It is now 4am on a sold out night at the hotel I work at. In walks a dude who asks for a room. I tell him we are sold out and his immediate response is:

You're lying (really - why would I lie? If I had a room I would want to sell it)

His next word is: (drum roll)

F**K!

and he walks out.

I've had guests say that to me on multiple occasions. Pretty much that exact same dialogue.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

The same in almost every aspect of sales. I guess I could see an employee not wanting to, you know, drive to another state to pick up something, but other than that, WHY would we NOT want to sell something? Sucktomer Logic.

Comment

I get this when we run out of people's favorite cigs or chew, but usually it's some other variation. "You're kidding!" or "You've got to be shittin' me!" are usually what I hear. Nope, not kidding. We're out. Sorry.
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

LOL I get that all the time.

My favorites are the regulars who know that in the summer we sell out (we're a tourist area) but still yell because, why didn't we know they were coming and save a room for them?!

Better are the ones who ask MULTIPLE times when we're sold out, as if on the 3rd or 4th repeat of the question suddenly a room will appear.

Comment

I always find it funny when people claim "You're lying" when a hotel attendant says they are completely booked out, as said before (plus in other threads) by other people - if there was a room available, naturally it would be rented out since that is the entire PURPOSE of the rooms. Empty room = no profit.
            Violets are blue,
            Roses are red,
            I bequeath to thee...
            A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Working...
            X