This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thirteen Idiots (long)

Just as the title says, thirteen idiots. All in the same day! I'm starting to believe that thirteen is an unlucky number.

1. A woman comes in, looks around, walks up to me, and asks me where the bathing suit section is. We are a grocery store. We sell food and toiletries, not bathing suits.

2. A young girl who looks like she's in high school asks for cigarettes. I ask for ID. She claims she left it in her car and couldn't I make an exception? Umm... No. She doesn't like that answer and asks for the manager. Manager says the same thing. Girl turns to leave, but before she does, she looks straight at me and flips me the bird. Nice.

3. Lady comes in and wants to return a bag of chips because when she opened them most of them were broken. Yeah, we don't do returns because of broken chips. She leaves after she rolls her eyes and lets out a huge sigh.

4. Guy comes in, buys a bag of plain chips and leaves. Guy comes back and yells at me because he wanted barb-b-que chips. And he blames me for not telling him the chips weren't barb-b-que. Oh, and he wants a brand new bag of chips for free. I tell him no he can't because #1 the bag was already open and empty and #2 we don't give away free bag of chips. He argues with me for five minutes, throws the bag in my direction, and leaves after I dodge it. We tried to get a license plate number, but he was already gone.

5. A guy comes in and returns a box of frozen macaroni and cheese because his sister gave it to him for his birthday, and he's lactose intolerant. Not sucky really. Just weird.

6. Two teens come in. They browse around the aisles. They continue to do so for an hour without picking up anything. Manager gets suspicious and asks me to keep an eye on them. They come into my lane with a chocolate bar. As I ring them up, I notice one of them has a jacket and it's literally bulging to the point where it looks like it's going to burst. I ask them to open his jacket. They run, manager stops them at the exit and tells them to open it or he's calling the police. They do and cookies, chips, and candies all fall out. Manager bans them for life.

7. A woman comes into my lane. I ring her up and she stares at me. She then says that I might look cute and cuddly on the outside, but I have an evil auora on the inside and it's eating my positive energy. She thinks an evil spirit or demon is taking control of my body and using it to gain into the human world. She then leaves a beaded necklace on my counter and tells me to take it to ward off the demons. Then she left while I'm still trying to figure what the hell just happened.

8. Lady comes into my lane and tries to pay using her credit card. I ask for ID. The credit card name does not match the ID. She tells me it's her sister's card. Yeah, the name on the card says Frank. She tries to tell me her sister had a sex change. When I said I needed her credit card, not her "sister's" she left in a huffy.

9. Not sucky. Just odd. A guy comes up into my lane with literally 30 packs of toilet paper, each pack containing 12 rolls. When I looked at all this, he said, "Don't ask." I didn't.

10. Guy comes up and asks if he can return a box of chocolates that he bought for his first date. The chocolates had coconut in them and he didn't tell his date. She ate one of the chocolates and broke out in a rash. Turns out she's allergic to coconuts. She refused to go out with him after that. Poor guy.

11. Guy comes in and tries to return a box of condoms. He says they didn't work. Enough said.

12. Lady comes in with a printer and tries to return it. She wouldn't listen when we said we were a grocery store. She kept insisting she bought the printer here. Finally, she grew agitated and left.

13. Guy comes in, constantly looks over his shoulder, looks like he's trying to hide from something. Comes up to me and asks in a barely audible whisper where the jalepeno peppers were so he could use them to kill the aliens from Saturn that have taken over his house and are using it as a command center. I didn't know that jalepenos were useful weapons against E.T.
    "But I don't want to be among mad people."
    You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

I can't believe this was all in one day for you! Amazing.

My vote for the suckiest: Barbecue chip man. He yelled at you over something that was his fault.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Princess-Snake View Post
      <snip!>

7. A woman comes into my lane. I ring her up and she stares at me. She then says that I might look cute and cuddly on the outside, but I have an evil auora on the inside and it's eating my positive energy. She thinks an evil spirit or demon is taking control of my body and using it to gain into the human world. She then leaves a beaded necklace on my counter and tells me to take it to ward off the demons. Then she left while I'm still trying to figure what the hell just happened.

<snip!>

13. Guy comes in, constantly looks over his shoulder, looks like he's trying to hide from something. Comes up to me and asks in a barely audible whisper where the jalepeno peppers were so he could use them to kill the aliens from Saturn that have taken over his house and are using it as a command center. I didn't know that jalepenos were useful weapons against E.T.
      I just have to ask, is your store near the funny farm? Those two are crazy. Reminds me of the time I was in the ER with my wife. (Car crash, we were ok) While I was with her, the cops brought in a guy in cuffs and cuffed him to the bed on the other side of the curtain from my wife. This guy was rambling, and I do mean rambling. The mish-mash of ideas and concepts coming from this guy that made no sense whatsoever was amusing and scary at the same time, because he went from one sentence/idea to the next with absolutely no pause whatsoever. One of the deputies was near by, so I asked him where the Energizer battery was, since he kept going, and going, and going... He told me the guy didn't take his meds and they were committing him that night.
      A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

8. Lady comes into my lane and tries to pay using her credit card. I ask for ID. The credit card name does not match the ID. She tells me it's her sister's card. Yeah, the name on the card says Frank. She tries to tell me her sister had a sex change. When I said I needed her credit card, not her "sister's" she left in a huffy.
        Well, I gotta give her points for creativity...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Ok first off send this lady to blaque kitty because im sure she would be helpful. second make sure the beads aren't like evil (get out the sage) and if all is good... hey you just got free magic beads woohooo!!!

...... dude..... i want him to meet my mom (she loves the jalepenos...)

Comment

What a fucking loon! I hope you got rid of those beads! Boogity-boogity!!

1. A woman comes in, looks around, walks up to me, and asks me where the bathing suit section is. We are a grocery store. We sell food and toiletries, not bathing suits.
            I used to work in a grocery store, too, and would get questions like that all. The. Time.

5. A guy comes in and returns a box of frozen macaroni and cheese because his sister gave it to him for his birthday, and he's lactose intolerant. Not sucky really. Just weird.
            Uuuuhh, wow. I don't know whether to say "what a psycho" or "what a crappy sister".
            "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

It's a full moon.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
              ~Clerks

Comment

9. Not sucky. Just odd. A guy comes up into my lane with literally 30 packs of toilet paper, each pack containing 12 rolls. When I looked at all this, he said, "Don't ask." I didn't.
                "What? Does he only eat Hot Pockets all day long? He must live in the bathroom."

Would it help if I said, "This guy's really pale. I didn't know he was gonna be so pale. He looks like a girl in that shirt. Why's he whispering? I wonder if he's wearing a thong."
                That should be enough hints.
                Last edited by Imogene; 07-03-2007, 01:03 AM. Reason: Everyone wears a 'thing'...
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

7. A woman comes into my lane. I ring her up and she stares at me. She then says that I might look cute and cuddly on the outside, but I have an evil aura on the inside and it's eating my positive energy. She thinks an evil spirit or demon is taking control of my body and using it to gain into the human world. She then leaves a beaded necklace on my counter and tells me to take it to ward off the demons. Then she left while I'm still trying to figure what the hell just happened.
                  I bet she mistook the disorder you've got for a demon without bothering to check, or notice the IV pack. People like that are the ones that keep the rest of the people who can see auras from being taken seriously.

On the beads, I'm with Slice. Make sure they're not evil themselves and, if it's all good, keep 'em.
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                    "What? Does he only eat Hot Pockets all day long? He must live in the bathroom."

Would it help if I said, "This guy's really pale. I didn't know he was gonna be so pale. He looks like a girl in that shirt. Why's he whispering? I wonder if he's wearing a thing."
                    That should be enough hints.
                    Jim Gaffigan rocks.

Comment

Quoth ReverendBSB View Post
                      Jim Gaffigan rocks.
                      Now then, did you figure it out before the extra hints?
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Around here, that's actually common. It's called tping. My friend has 20 to 30 rolls of tp in his trunk, just waiting for the perfect night.

I was actually in the parking lot of our local grocery when 3 seniors from mys chool came out with 3 packs of 12 rolls. I know them and I knew exactly what they were up to. The clerks, when I walked in and asked what they thought, just shook their heads, grinning. "Guys."
                        Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

Unfortunately TPing is totally illegal otherwise I'd do it more often than on Canada Day and Halloween.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Deanna Darkstone View Post
                            Uuuuhh, wow. I don't know whether to say "what a psycho" or "what a crappy sister".
                            I'd add, "what a cheapskate sister!" Seriously, who gives a box of Macaroni and Cheese to someone for their birthday?!
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

3. Lady comes in and wants to return a bag of chips because when she opened them most of them were broken. Yeah, we don't do returns because of broken chips. She leaves after she rolls her eyes and lets out a huge sigh.
                              Since I have a tendency to be cynical, I always expect chips to be broken. I do happy dances when I find whole chips.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X