This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbest Customers Ever

In my four years where I work, I have seen almost everything...

- One day, bussing tables, I was pouring leftover coffee and other drinks into a bucket on my cart. A female customer came to me, and completely serious, asked me if we recycle the coffee being dumped into the bucket. She was not joking.

- For a period of time one of our regulars would pick up and move our "wet floor" signs, which were being used whenever someone spilled coffee (we get a lot of seniors that spill half their coffees on the way to their tables). She tried to tell us that the signs were a hazard.

- One Sunday, a customer came in at 9:55 AM and wanted chicken wings and chili for take-out for that day's NFL football game. We never have wings ready that early, and chili is sometimes but often not out at that time. He spent over 15 minutes yelling at the store manager about it.

- A female once ordered a cappuccino or some such drink, and after finishing it, wanted a free refill of regular coffee. Officially that is not allowed at this place so I explained that she couldn't just get free coffee after having a cappuccino. She threw a bit of a fit.

I'll add more as I think of them.

Quoth Can I have a cheeseburger View Post
    - One Sunday, a customer came in at 9:55 AM and wanted chicken wings and chili for take-out for that day's NFL football game. We never have wings ready that early, and chili is sometimes but often not out at that time. He spent over 15 minutes yelling at the store manager about it.
    I do not see how he is dumb. Maybe he didn't know that they were not ready
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
      I don't know about dumb, but the 15 minutes of yelling he did after being told that what he wanted wasn't available certainly qualifies him as sucky in my book.
      "Have muck knowledge, but no certainties. Live. I am sorry, Sorianna." -Gverion

Check out my DeviantArt Site
      Or my Webcomic!

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
        Asking before 10 AM? No, they won't be ready.

Comment

- For a period of time one of our regulars would pick up and move our "wet floor" signs, which were being used whenever someone spilled coffee (we get a lot of seniors that spill half their coffees on the way to their tables). She tried to tell us that the signs were a hazard.
          Obviously someone has always had full use of her legs/feet. I'd rather slalom wet floor signs than suddenly have a crutch tip slip!

Comment

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
            Obviously someone has always had full use of her legs/feet. I'd rather slalom wet floor signs than suddenly have a crutch tip slip!
            Not to mention never breaking a limb. We had someone break a limb after slipping on a wet floor where there was no sign (I wasn't there that day).

I think coming in wanting tons of chicken wings right away at 9:55 AM is pretty dumb, especially considering no NFL game starts that early in the day. But it was the fact that he was yelling for at least 15 minutes that made him an SC.

Some other things I've seen, some of which would qualify as Brain Burps instead...

- Just last week we were sitting in the break room, when a customer wanders in looking for the washroom. Getting to the washroom is simple - you go into the hall, follow the sign, and go in. But to get to the break room, you have to go the other way, go through a door clearly marked "Employees only", and go up a flight of stairs.

- On Christmas Eve last year, our Interac machines went down. A customer, who had enough cash to pay for her food, blew up at the cashier about it. Management was so spineless about it they let her have her food for free.

- Smoking is prohibited on the patio at this place due to government regulations that carry very large fines for violating customers, employees, and businesses. There are plenty of no-smoking signs around, but people almost always sitting next to a sign will smoke. When I tell them they can't smoke and there's a sign right next to them, they act completely shocked. Another time a customer came storming in from outside yelling about how stupid it was to not allow smoking out there. I calmly explained it was a government regulation and he calmed down. A recent customer claimed she "smoked there all the time", but I told her it had been disallowed for over two years.

- Several years ago a middle-aged man and his family finished their meals and the father proceeded to put a stack of dirty plates onto another table where an elderly woman was eating. I was right there and this customer naturally got very upset, yelling at him. The guy turned to me looking for support and I said he couldn't do that. He never even got angry, he just looked at me as if I had seven heads. The elderly lady told me I handed it well and gave me a dollar.

Comment

- One day, bussing tables, I was pouring leftover coffee and other drinks into a bucket on my cart. A female customer came to me, and completely serious, asked me if we recycle the coffee being dumped into the bucket. She was not joking.
              Hand her the bucket. "Why, yes we do. Would you like cream?"

I wouldn't call the take out guy stupid, per se. I don't know what time you open, but he may have figured you cooked some ahead. Throwing a fit, however, makes him an SC. He really should have called ahead.
              "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

If you want chili and chicken wings that early in the day why not call ahead? Oh wait that makes sense never mind.

Comment

YOU: Here you go maam, if you'd like to recycle the coffee, have at it

SC: But I don't want to do it, that should be your job.

You: But you're the only one around here that cares about doing it.

Comment

Yeah, 'cause signs are so much more hazardous than the greasy floor I broke my tailbone on . . .

Comment

- On Christmas Eve last year, our Interac machines went down. A customer, who had enough cash to pay for her food, blew up at the cashier about it. Management was so spineless about it they let her have her food for free.

Let me get this straight. Your cc machines were down and you presumably had signs up about it. A customer HAS ENOUGH CASH for her purchase, but decides to pitch a bitch about the card machine anyway and management gives her the food for nothing????

Ok ya'll, in instances like this - exactly WHO do we have to thank for the breed and multiplication of SC's?

That management needs a collective .
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                      X