This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cig ID Fail Sucky Customer

Today I had a customer come up to my register.
    ICB: Idiot cig bitch
    DW: your friendly drugstore cashier
    M: manager

ICB: I'd like Newport 100's in a box.
    DW: *as I'm reaching for the cigs* May I see your ID?
    ICB: *pulls out a photocopy of her passport*
    DW: *after just a glance at the photocopy* Just a moment. *over the intercom* Manager to main please.
    M: *to me* Yes?
    I point to her passport photocopy.
    M: *to ICB* Yeah, sorry, we won't be able to accept that as valid ID.
    I put the cigs back (never having rung them up, they were just in my hands).
    ICB: *as she's turning to walk away sans cigs* But this is valid ID.
    M: No it is not.
    ICB then storms out.

Seriously? Why do I get all the dumbasses cig customers?
    Last edited by dragon_wings; 11-03-2011, 04:20 AM. Reason: gah. grammar kicks my ass.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Im never sure if they actually thought it would work and are truly angry, or ashamed that they got caught.

Comment

All I can say is: Wow.

Comment

Wow...does that EVER work for her, I wonder?? I sure hope not...how stupid...
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

yea me too

I used to work at a gas station that was open all night - rhymes with hires. I would always get people asking for cigarettes too without proper ID. We had a rule where we had to ask for ID for anyone who looked 40 or younger.

One morning a guy waked in and I carded him and because he had walked over he had no ID. He got really angry when I said I could not sell him cigarettes and yelled that he was 30. Maybe so dude, but we are on camera and if we get caught selling without checking ID we could have gotten fired.

I would also get people with temp driver's licenses on paper. They would get mad when I would deny them cigs because there was no photo. Yeah, well you could have your brother's ID and I would not know without that photo.

Comment

A photocopy of a Passport is only valid if you are faxing it for an application or proof of birth to a company, or if you are in another country and you lose your passport (To assist the Embassy in getting you safely home)
            There Can Be Only One

Comment

What's more troubling is that the SCs are always convinced it will work or that you haaaavvvveee to take it.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Most people that come into my gas station overnight to buy newports are idiots... And I shouldn't talk, because that is *all* I will smoke..
                If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

No ID, no cigs. How is that so hard to understand? No, your photocopied ID won't work. How the fuck do I know you didn't copy someone else's ID and photoshop your pic on it? Dumbasses!
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Fortunately, I never had to deal with a photocopy of an ID or passport at the gas station. It was just people who blatantly refused to bring or show their ID.

People really are full of themselves.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Me either, although one guy wanted to pick up a check with a traffic ticket as an ID (in Illinois the DL# is written on the ticket). CW personally identified him and the DL copy on our file matched.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                      X