This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for the compliment...

...but did it have to come with an insult attached?

Kay. So you should probably start by reading this: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=86961

Short story, person says they could make a plush like mine for the price of the materials, I restrain "no shit sherlock" reply, and tell them that they're correct, that's what it costs to make one, but I like being paid for my time too, just charging materials cost wouldn't make me any money.

Same person today responds to a different plush with "Ok i will definitely pay 300 bucks for this! now thats worth it! great job on this!"

Look, you little nimrod. First, this one costs $400, not $300. It's a good bit bigger than the other one. And second, it IS possible to leave a compliment on one particular piece without insulting every other bloody thing I've made you know. Lots of people manage to do it! Could you please at least TRY to not be a JERK and imply that my other plushes are some kind of rip-off? Just because you happen to like this one a little better doesn't make it worth more!

Also I didn't realize it at the time, but this is the SAME person as the one who suggested I make dog toys, here: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=87625

I'm kind of wishing this person would either get a clue or go away at this point. Their comments are starting to get really, really, really annoying.

Edit: They apologized and said they hadn't at all meant what I had assumed, so it may be that I'm just so used to hearing this kind of nonsense that I'm seeing it where it isn't meant now. :P
    Last edited by spark; 03-20-2012, 11:23 PM.
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

spark---

You have an awesome looking gray/red/white dragon on your page, but my computer won't let me view the price list... Is there another link I can use or am I missing?

Forgive my lack of technological prowess... The fact that I even have a computer and haven't made it explode yet is a source of pride for me...LOL!
    Why is stupidity not an arrestable offense?

Comment

Nil illegitimi carborundum (don't let the bastards wear you down).

Perhaps take up the fine Olympic sport, loved by so many on this site, of SC-baiting. With a straight face/email, and an armful of facts, reply with a convoluted euphemism for "NO".

Comment

^^^What Viking said^^^

Comment

Quoth redsox33413 View Post
          spark---

You have an awesome looking gray/red/white dragon on your page, but my computer won't let me view the price list... Is there another link I can use or am I missing?

Forgive my lack of technological prowess... The fact that I even have a computer and haven't made it explode yet is a source of pride for me...LOL!
          Hmmm. Lemme try PMing you the link. If that doesn't work I can copy-pasta it for you.
          The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Thanks Spark!

Comment

Spark, seriously, just block her. She's not worth the stress. Also, she's a complete nincompoop.
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

The white wolf? It's beautiful. You almost expect it to jump up to play any moment. It even has that doggy smile.

I don't think the price is bad either. It's what I can make in two twelve hour watches as a cabdriver before taxes. I bet it took at least that much time to make it.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  just block her.
                  Very much this; they're only giving you grief over something they reckon they can do harder/better/faster/stronger than you anyway, and they're never going to actually pay your asking price for anything, so screw them!
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

You're a lot nicer than me. I would probably have told her 'be sure to post pictures when you are done' cause you know it will be a piece of excretement.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                      You're a lot nicer than me. I would probably have told her 'be sure to post pictures when you are done' cause you know it will be a piece of excretement.
                      *cough* I uh, did kinda come up with an excuse to ask them for a link to their work. Actually as far as clothing sewing goes they're not half bad, but their fursuits and plushes are not quite up to my standards, shall we say. (I've seen much worse, I'll give them that much credit. But they've got a lot of practice ahead of them before they can actually compete with me.)

Comment

Quoth spark View Post
                        But they've got a lot of practice ahead of them before they can actually compete with me.)
                        So... There plushes would make good dog toys?
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Heh, I bought my dog Bella one of those fox skin looking things, with no stuffing and squeekers and both ends for 5$ and she loves it.. I guess if people want to spend that kinda of money on a dog toy... I don't know how to finish that sentence.

I keep forgetting to send in the down payment for my very own stuffed Derpy
                          http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Yay for Derpy!

Also, as per my edit, the person I was annoyed at has apologized and said that's not what they meant at all. So it's quite possible I'm just so used to this kind of idiocy I'm seeing it where it doesn't exist now. :P

Comment

Working...
                            X