Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had forgotten how easy it is to start loathing the customer.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had forgotten how easy it is to start loathing the customer.

Nice try...but no.

I had a woman come in wanting our wash and fold service. When I told her the price for the extras and asked her if she had her own detergent/bleach or wanted us to use our own, she said that she thought it would be free. Not Sucky, but come on... Did you really think we would wash, dry and fold your clothes for you for nothing?

Well, DUH...

We got about 4" of snow in the 6 hours I was at work last night. Given that, the owner, NEVER closes the Laundromat because of weather. He only hires people that live in town and can get there even if they have to walk, which is how I get there unless it is raining. That said, it was dead.

A lady walked in late in the afternoon and the first thing out of her mouth was, “Are you open?” I guess she thought that the doors stayed unlocked even though the place was closed.

Five times twenty-five, carry the twelve...

Our washers take 6 quarters to operate. There are eight slots for quarters, two of which are blocked so that quarters cannot be inserted into those slots. It is physically impossible to put in seven. If you put in five or less, it will not work. Remember this as I explain the following.

SC: I can’t get this last quarter to go in.
    ME: Ma’am, you already have six quarters in the slots. That’s all it takes.
    SC: But it costs $1.50. That’s seven quarters!

SC: (trying to shove the slide with only five quarters) This thing is broke.
    ME: Ma’am, each washer takes six quarters.
    SC: But it says $1.50 per load. That’s five quarters.

Welcome to Domino’s Laundry Delivery.

Apparently, a customer came in this afternoon and tried to convince the owners wife that after we washed, dried and folded her laundry, that she wanted them delivered to her at work so she could go out directly from work to a date. As if that wasn’t bad enough she wanted to be done (washed dried, folded and delivered) by 3pm. She came in at 1:30. The owner’s wife was working alone. She doesn’t drive. Nor do we deliver.

Ummm, NO!

I have explained in my previous posts about the “last load by 7:45” rule. The same rule applies to wash and fold service. This is important to this story of suck.

The time is 8:15pm. Doors get locked in 15 minutes.

LEW: Local Entitlement Whore
    ME: Local Entitlement Whore Hater

LEW: (Carrying a basket of clothes) Hello. Can you tell me what time you open in the morning?
    ME: Hello. We open at 9:00am.
    LEW: Great. Can I have these done and I’ll be in at 9 to pick them up?
    ME: I’m sorry. I close in 15 minutes. The earliest they can be done is about 11am.
    LEW: That won’t do. I neeeeed them by 9:30 at the latest. I have a job interview at 10.
    ME: I’m sorry, that is the earliest. Closing is in 15 minutes and they won’t be started until 9am.
    LEW: Can’t you stay a little late and do them?
    ME: No, sorry.
    LEW: Don’t you care about your customers? You wouldn’t want to be responsible for me not getting the job would you?

(attempt engagement of brain to mouth filter...engagement failed...abort)

ME: I’m sorry, but how would your lack of timing be my fault?

LEW: (turns and leaves)

I couldn’t stop myself and I sincerely worried about her reporting me to the boss so I left a note saying exactly what we both said. I went in today to find a note from the owner. The following is a direct quote:

Quoth My Boss
    Don’t worry about it. It’s about time someone told one of these people where to get off. As long as you’re nice to them when they’re being nice to you, that’s all I want. Once they get nasty or stupid, do whatever you think best. Don’t take any shit from them. I’ll back you all the way.
    Oh Really???

Last edited by bigjimaz; 03-02-2008, 03:13 AM. Reason: So I can look smarter than I really am by correcting some spelling errors.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

wow, your boss kicks ass

Comment

He's always been a pretty straight guy since I've known him. I knew that he would have my back but I had little notion that he hates these people as much as I do. His daughter, J., my friend who got me the job, is the same way. His wife, I guess that makes her bossette?, is incredibly nice and can tell you off so subtly that you'll actually thank her for doing it.
      This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

What great people for whom to work.

SC: But it says $1.50 per load. That’s five quarters.
        Where can I get some of those nifty 30¢ quarters?
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
          What great people for whom to work.

Where can I get some of those nifty 30¢ quarters?
          this must be some strange exchange rate thing that I don't know about...

... and am I the only one that is thinking of the story a while back about the guy who was upset because the cashier couldn't "add, subtract, divide, and multiply" to make $1 pay for a $9 purchase?
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Woohoo! Must be a similar feeling to being given a license to kill.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigjimaz;279822
              LEW: That won’t do.[/QUOTE]

I don't know exactly why, but this is my LEAST favorite local saying, ever since I first arrived here.

Grates on my nerves like nothing else (honestly, other than that and the constant smokers and gum-smackers, I love it here).

LZ

Comment

Working...
              X