This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate Tight-Arse Tuesday (longish)

It's "Tight-Arse" Tuesday once again, and that means my morning was spent dealing with all kinds of idiots.

For starters:
    SC: "It's Tuesday, I thought petrol was meant to be cheaper."
    Me: "It is, today we're at $1.31, yesterday we..."
    SC: (interrupting) "I saw it yesterday for $1.27."
    Me: "Well yesterday WE were at $1.33 so OUR price IS cheaper than yesterday's."
    SC: "I should have filled up there. I SUPPOSE I'll pay for what I've taken from you" (yeah, because paying for your fuel is optional...)

Also a lot of:
    SC: (faux angry) Why does your board say $1.25 but the pump says $1.41?
    Me: That's because $1.25 is the price for ethanol and you got premium.
    SC: (body language says "oh bugger he saw through my plot to get free stuff")

We have an automatic car wash and manual car wash bays. If you buy $20 or more of fuel, you can get $1 off the price of an automatic wash. This leads to:
    SC: "I got $40 of fuel, give me $2 off the car wash."
    and:
    SC: "I buy all my fuel here, my $1 discounts should have added up to a free car wash by now."
    and:
    SC: "I got $20, where's my free car wash token?" (tokens for the manual wash cost $1 each)

Also:
    SC: "If I promise to buy all my fuel here, can you lower the price by ten cents?"

We accept three kinds of discount fuel vouchers. One gets you $0.04 per liter off for up to 150 liters, the others get you $0.06 per liter off for up to 30 liters. It seems to be only on Tuesdays that people try to:
    -use expired coupons
    -use coupons we don't accept
    -use multiple coupons on the one sale
    -use $0.06 coupons for amounts over 30 liters
    -present the coupon after the sale has been finalised (in one case, two hours after)

Also:
    SC: "Can you sell me yesterday's newspaper for half price?" (No, I'd rather get $1 back from the newsagent than lose 50 cents selling it to you)

and:
    SC: "[other store] has this on special, give it to me for that price."

If you're that much of a tight-arse, why not make some money by shoving coal up there so you poop diamonds?
    Last edited by edible_hat; 02-26-2008, 05:59 AM.

<offtopic>Have to point out the amusement factor in your post title. "I hate Tight-Arse Tuesday (logish)" (tight-arse and logs... quite the combination).

Sorry, just ticked my funny bone
    </offtopic>

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
      <offtopic>Have to point out the amusement factor in your post title. "I hate Tight-Arse Tuesday (logish)" (tight-arse and logs... quite the combination).

Sorry, just ticked my funny bone
      </offtopic>
      heh, I didn't notice that. It was of course meant to be longish. And you can't edit post titles (any mods reading this?)

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
        heh, I didn't notice that. It was of course meant to be longish. And you can't edit post titles (any mods reading this?)

Yes you can.

click edit > Go Advanced Then edit your title.
        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

cool, thanks.

Comment

You can only edit the title seen in here. I've altered the thread title in the forum

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
              Also a lot of:
              SC: (faux angry) Why does your board say $1.25 but the pump says $1.41?
              Me: That's because $1.25 is the price for ethanol and you got premium.
              SC: (body language says "oh bugger he saw through my plot to get free stuff")
              You have Ethanol - Cool!!! is that the 95?? Cos last I heard, there were only 2 places in the country doing it - one in Syd and the other in Melb.

We accept three kinds of discount fuel vouchers. One gets you $0.04 per liter off for up to 150 liters, the others get you $0.06 per liter off for up to 30 liters. It seems to be only on Tuesdays that people try to:
              -use expired coupons
              -use coupons we don't accept
              -use multiple coupons on the one sale
              -use $0.06 coupons for amounts over 30 liters
              -present the coupon after the sale has been finalised (in one case, two hours after)
              Oooh - I know which company you work for now :P.... The same one that I used to have hassles with - then I left within hours of them changing all those hours

Also:
              SC: "Can you sell me yesterday's newspaper for half price?" (No, I'd rather get $1 back from the newsagent than lose 50 cents selling it to you)
              Yep... heard that one enough times.... <sigh>

Slyt

btw - TAT is good for movies.. too bad they aren't half price any more
              When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                You have Ethanol - Cool!!! is that the 95?? Cos last I heard, there were only 2 places in the country doing it - one in Syd and the other in Melb.
                There are 3 "chains" (actually loose collectives of independently owned stations that banded together under common brand names) that offer ethanol in South Australia. All three use the same supplier.

Comment

Working...
                X