Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It takes balls to be this much of an SC!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It takes balls to be this much of an SC!

So tonight I was filling in (again) at the magic bar. I was sharing some yummy raw oysters with my friend Little Red, and was also doing magic for a lovely couple from New York.

Two guys walk up. The shorter dude interrupt the routine I was in the middle of to ask how much the "in" was. In other words, how much did he have to pony up to gamble at my table?

I explained to him and his taller friend that this was a magic bar, and I was in the middle of a trick, and invited the two of them to hang out, as we would be doing more.

This is when the taller dude, Tom, walked up to Little Red and started flirting with her, creeping her out as he was (and looked) about her dad's age. Red's a grown girl, she can take care of herself, I'm about to resume the routine.

At this point, Tom decides to be a funny guy and picks up one of the empty oyster shells. "I'll show you a magic trick." And he "slurps" the non-existent oyster out of the shell. "See? No more oyster!" This actually made all of us laugh.

And then Tom crossed the line. He picked up another shell and slurped the oyster....but this time he wasn't joking around. He was eating my freakin' dinner!

That is when I decided to end this idiocy. And I unleashed on the guy. "Okay, enough. That is just rude. I am here trying to entertain these people, and you come along and just start eating my dinner? That is rude and unacceptable. You need to go. Now."

Tom, of course, starts trying to apologize, saying he will replace it, yada yada, but I have had enough of this joker, and I re-invited his departure from my sight.

But Tom goes up to the bar and orders another dozen oysters for us from the bartender, P. Okay, we think this is decently nice. A bit late, but he's trying to make amends, right? He told P. to just get the money from him when the oysters come out. And when P. brings the oysters out to us.....

Tom is gone.

Wait, let me see if I have this straight, P. Dude eats my oysters. Dude then tries to make amends by ordering more oysters for us, but then leaves without paying for them? Is that correct?

Yes, folks, that is the way it went down. Tom went from sucky to Super Sucky in no time flat. Every one of us at the magic bar were simply stunned by the audacity of this guy. Not surprised, necessarily, as Red and I both work in the food service industry. But stunned nevertheless.

Good lord, where do these people come from?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Yeah... rude...

I think you should have noticed when he 'sucked' on the oyster...:P

Did you end up paying for round 2?
    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Non-related to the sucky, but is there gambling at the magic bar? I thought you worked in a bar & grille and I would have thought the magic bar was the same.

It's wrong of me, I know, but part of me secretly hopes there was something "wrong" with that oyster
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
        Did you end up paying for round 2?
        Actually, Red and I were going to, as we didn't want P to pay for Tom's idiocy, but P left before we got a chance to do so. I'm sure I'll see him tonight.

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        Non-related to the sucky, but is there gambling at the magic bar? I thought you worked in a bar & grille and I would have thought the magic bar was the same.
        There is absolutely NO gambling at the magic bar. The magic bar itself is a small side bar in a larger bar, which could be classified as like a bar and grill.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Not so much testicular fortitude merely a total lack of personal responsibility or morals. I would even go as far to say lacking any and all manners completely.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
          X