X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or die trying

So, I'm sure that at least some people watch "The Boondocks"

Two nights ago I'm tearing tickects when I end up living out a scene from one of the episodes.

CW: Clueless woman
    CM: Clueless man
    Me: your hero

CW comes up to me with a bag of popcorn in her hand , ready to give me her ticket to be ripped.

CW: Why don't the concessionists put the butter on the popcorn for you?
    Me: Cause that would make too much sense
    This goes right over her head.

CM: But why?
    Me: (trying to save face and move things along) Cause, not everone likesbutter on their popcorn

(thinking, why would every single person want butter on their popcorn? Nopt everyone has the same tastes)

The guy goes wide eyed like I've just slapped him

CM: Not like butter?!

dear God, please just go

Me: Theatre 12, have a good one
    Screw normal. You know why? 'Cause if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader.

Christopher Titus.

Hmm. Why doesn't McDonalds just put ketchup on everyone's fries?
    For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
    http://atriumforum.com/
    Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

You mean the kid at the concession stand won't put butter on for you now?
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
        You mean the kid at the concession stand won't put butter on for you now?
        Not at the theater I worked at. The butter (well technically it's "Butter Flavored Topping") is off to the side of the concession stand, kinda how you see the ketchup/Mustard/Mayo pumpers at a lot of Cafes.
        <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

The theaters here will put butter on but you have to request it. I always ask for no butter, I once knew a guy whose sister worked at a movie theater and every two months the butter on the floor would eat through her shoes. Not to mention it gives me a migraine for some reason.
          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I love extra butter. I know it's not real butter but it's buttery tasting enough for my brain to think it's butter so I always pile on tons of it!

"Hi, I'd like extra butter popcorn and where's your butter machine?"

Did I mention I'm still 105 lbs?
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              I love extra butter. I know it's not real butter but it's buttery tasting enough for my brain to think it's butter so I always pile on tons of it!

I hate you . . .

Comment

Quoth Fungus View Post
                Hmm. Why doesn't McDonalds just put ketchup on everyone's fries?
                Because somebody would complain b/c they don't like or want ketchup on their fries.

Add me to the "No Like Ketchup" club.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  Because somebody would complain b/c they don't like or want ketchup on their fries.

Add me to the "No Like Ketchup" club.

Oh of course! I was just making a point about the stupidity of the popcorn lady. Its as if she wasn't capable of thinking for herself.
                  For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
                  http://atriumforum.com/
                  Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                    I hate you . . .
                    ditto... seriously EQ, you must tell us this secret of actually eating and not gaining weight
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

And....you're always the one handing out cookies too.....*sniffle*

I don't hate you, EQ. Quite the opposite. Just insanely jealous of your metabolism.

I'm going to angrily munch on some carrots now.....
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
                        Not at the theater I worked at. The butter (well technically it's "Butter Flavored Topping") is off to the side of the concession stand, kinda how you see the ketchup/Mustard/Mayo pumpers at a lot of Cafes.
                        Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Butter flavored topping.

Comment

For that, you shall face my wrath ! That is 220 lbs of wrath.
                          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

*Joins the I Hate EQ Bandwagon*
                            If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Re: thread title
                              "Or try dieing
                              Or do some tie-dying!"
                              Thank you, Yakko Warner.
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X