Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"We're closed." "But I'm off from work!" (LOTS of language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Imprl59 View Post
    Personally I think everyone should be off on holidays and I make every effort not to go to any store. I figure the store clerks need a holiday a hell of a lot worse than I do and I needed one pretty bad.
    I agree with you on stores closing for National holidays. To me, the only businesses that should be open on National holidays should be vital services (Police/Corrections, Fire, EMS/Rescue, Hospitals) and places such as towing or taxi companies (so the drinkers can get home safely). I'm really surprised that in this time of "OMG!!!!1!eleventy reduce gas use !!!!!11" that the city busses don't run (at least around here they don't). That would make it a heck of a lot easier to get to and from firework shows, if you ask me.
    Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
      C'mon mysty, let it all out. Umm, is that an M16?
      Answering for Mysty - nope. An M-80 is a very large firecracker (hence the part about blowing their fingers off with one on the anniversary of the surrender of Vicksburg, Mississippi during the War of Northern Aggression).
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Ugh, I hate holidays. Mind, our day off is three days earlier, being from the cooler country.. :P Everybody in town feels the need to stop by the corner store, just because it's a holiday. Mind, half of them buy nothing, but they have to go there. And I have to deal with them all. Oy gevol, such a headache. I think holidays should be a mandatory "Unless Someone Is Going To Die If You Don't Do Something, Stay Home." day.

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
          I work at a newspaper. The newsroom is still operational. But the things these people wanted...classifieds, ad production, etc., were not. The building was locked up with only me, one editor, one reporter, and one photographer on duty.
          And subsequently I am given the newspaper at 2 AM in the circulation depot to deliver to the people who have off on National Holidays

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            I'm still trying to figure out how to stab people in the face through the telephone.

Patience....
            Nah, I want a telephone-cattle prod!

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post

YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR.
              And you win, for awesome quotage. Willy Wonka.
              "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Only thing that saddened me about the holiday was that I couldn't pick up my package from the post office, and can't until Monday. Granted, I can wait, but god would I ever love to be able to play with my new Dalek toy right now at work
                "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                "What IS fun to fight through?"
                "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                  In the meantime we need to figure out how to rig phones to blow up on the other end at the touch of a button.
                  Like the one Zorg had in The Fifth Element?
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                  X