Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amy answers all she can of the questions ((I'll make an ooc post about the history of this place as soon as I can, life is just kicking me a bit when I am down)). Afterward she lets everybody know. "I am going to get some camels and some supplies, we will leave first thing in the morning. I'll arrange for rooms at the Inn for everybody but me, the church will take care of my needs. If anybody finds anything they need you should be able to find me there."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Sarlon nods listening intently, then begins to wander around town, looking at the blacksmith and any local artisans seeing if there would be anything interesting to maybe take back as a souviner.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Well there is a lot to choose from, though none of the epic artisans of the time are not found in this city, there are some beautiful and interesting items. The weapons seem to be of high quality, and run the gambit from daggers to two handed broad swords (no martial weapons like sai, shuriken, etc however).

This town does offer some unique weapons and items however. Decorative fans, the favored weapon of the water goddess they worship. Most are not weapons, just for show, but a couple are actual weapons (has spikes at the tip where the 'folds' of the fan is). One in particular seems to be of a superior quality, painted with a wave motif. Along with the fans there is of course jewelry, trinkets, etc with Oceana's emblem or variation thereof on them. Of course there is the magic shop, where you can get gems for casting (note: Certain colors enhance spells, Purple for fire based spells, black for alteration, white for abjuration, orange for water, yellow for earth (I realize the colors do not make much sense lol) ((if you are looking for stones to enhance certain types of spells pm me for color that does so)). As you near the other side of the town, you notice that many larger houses line the 'circle'. Some advertise crafting services (tailor made items) of various kinds, but some are houses. At the exact opposite point of where you entered the gates is a large gray marble tower, obviously a mage tower. Only mages (or guests of mages) would be allowed within those walls.
        Last edited by Mytical; 08-12-2011, 05:33 PM.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• fingers some of the trinkets and makes small talk with the merchants, explaining that she was just passing through and was looking for something unique to take home to show to friends and family of her travels.

shes obviously lying through her teeth about the "out of town" to some extent, but smiles all friendly like.

she explains shes looking for maybe something new to wear thats unique to the area, maybe a decorative brooch, and a practical fan since she loves the water motif.
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Most of the merchants are friendly enough, but just push the wares they have available. The merchant selling the fan, suggest something a bit different. "You might want to visit the church for what you are looking for. A symbol of Oceana is wearable, and the symbols of this town are unique..for only here do they make them of Azuric..a gemstone found only in a mine near here. As for a practical fan, all I make are durable, and functional, only a few are weapons however. I can also craft you one that fits your idea better if you wish."

The one I mentioned is two silver, to have the merchant make you one is two and a half silver. Most of the others do not cost more then a silver.

Comment

• Sarlon smiles at the merchants, then frowns at the price slightly.

"I am a bit short of cash, perhaps I may come back around later after i speak with my friend. I would not wish to commit to something then not be able to pay you for it."

she smiles again warmly, and steps away from the stall fanning herself slightly from the heat in these robes.

Sarlon asks politely where the church is, then heads there. Upon arrival she asks where Amy might be located.
              Last edited by Sarlon; 08-13-2011, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• She finds Amy easily enough. She looks a lot different then when she was wearing the plate mail. Dressed in a white silk robe, hair down, and a look of peace on her face. You notice that everybody who sees her seems to slightly bow, and you get the feeling she is some sort of minor celebrity or something...

Comment

• sarlon inclines her head slightly only barely managing to keep a smirk out of her voice.

"to good for jeans and a tshirt here amy?"

Comment

• She laughs. "Would not fit my 'station' here. It is good to be home again, but I wish that they would stop trying to pamper me."

Comment

• sarlon chuckles, "well share the wealth then..."

sarlon fidgets just slightly, "Um, i hate to ask this....but there is some really neat items out there in the market that I would love to take home...(emphasis on home), but I get the impression that the don't take charge cards or cash currency"

Comment

• She nods. "I should have given you some spending currency, but to be honest..I had to retrieve it first." she comes forward and hands a pouch. Inside is a bunch of coins, but they do not look like gold..more like platinum. "You may have to go to the local bank to get them changed depending." Within has to be almost 100 of the coins. Which would be a kings ransom for most. "If you see the others please send them here. I will give them the same."

Comment

• "what can you tell me of the currency exhange limit here so someone doesn't pull wool over my eyes and take me for more then I'm worth?"

sarlon takes a few of the coins and sticks them in a front pocket while sticking the rest well inside the robes she is wearing to hide them, listening intently to what amy will say.

Comment

• Amy nods. "For the most part it is simple. Ten copper per silver, ten silver per gold, and five gold per platinum."

Comment

• Sam glances around the open marketplace. She still feels odd being 'stuck' in one form, but is glad for the companionship of not only the wolf, but her newfound friends as well.
                              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Sarlon runs into Sam in a bit, and smiles at her.

"Amazing this place isn't it....you should go see Amy..."

sarlon drops her voice but the grin is obvious in her voice as on her face.

"shes wearing a DRESS!"

looks at herself.

"well so am I of course...say....where do you suppose this bank thing is?"

Comment

Working...
                                X