Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dele had wisely kept his mouth shut and swallowed his intended sardonic responses to One's name. Making fun of someone who could apparently control the biosphere would not be a good idea, not even if you could increase the g-force on her to about ten g's without breaking a sweat.

When she mentions the year she was put in cryo-storage, Dele shares a look with the rest of the team. It should be patently obvious to One, if she's paying attention, that the answer will not be a happy one, especially with their hesitation.

"The year is..." Dele pauses and glances at the others. "It's 2027, right? I've been in H.Q. for so long I kinda forgot."
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
      Amazon
      A few minutes later Alex comes out. "All clear, apparently that was the correct one. Unfortunately all that remains is removing the pod from the temple..so I've sent for either Johnny or Alexis to help us with that when they get the chance. We may have a bit of a boring wait."
      "Boring is good. Means nobody's shooting."
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Sam nods at Kate's response, then thought "so nothing left for us to do but dance." Hopping up on her hind legs, she did her best impression of the happy puppy dance.

( for those curious about the happy puppy dance, I found a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d-Eg...eature=related )
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Kate covers her mouth to try and suppress the giggling that comes at that. It doesn't work too well.
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• One nods solemnly. "One hundred years, much longer then we should have been."

While she muses Johnny gets a call. "Hey I got to go pick up Alex and crew. Since it seems we have what we came for..might be a good idea to get back to base."

One suddenly looks up and says in urgency. "Project double X..I mean twenty..tell me they have not been awoken yet."
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Some answers, some questions...
              Ananda's right eyebrow went up at the woman's question, her mouth thinned, and she answered in a wry tone. "... Yeah... only a few though, the rest got carted off to we-don't-know-where. Do the names Alpha or Omega mean anything to you?" She'd hold off on saying which they'd directly encountered for now.
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "Alpha and Omega are not important. The last project, project twenty..is. Alpha and Omega are bound by the rules, like me. Twenty, the Hunter, is not." she stops as if gathering herself. "I will try to explain.."

"I am One. My power is the power over all animals, plants, insects..basically anything that lives on the planet, is part of the planet..or came from the planet. However, because the Earth is neutral, I must remain neutral."

She continues

"Two is Alpha and Omega. Unlimited power, but bound even more then I, for he can not use most of his powers unless his existence is threatened. He is immune to all abilities, while he continues to exist."

"Three is my polar opposite, but they too are bound by the same rules as I am. They have the power of decay. They themselves are immune to decay and time, ageless. Eternally a child. Like Two..neither of us may use our abilities unless we believe our existence in danger. We three were considered failures for this reason. As powerful as we were, they wanted weapons..and what good are weapons that can not be used?"

"Four is haste. Not quite bound by the same rules, but they do not have as great of power. They are faster then thought, swifter then the wind, and if you blink you will miss them. Only their speed was increased, however. We jokingly called him the streak. He tends to burn through his clothing when he runs."

"Five is stealth. They can blend into their surroundings, take any shape they choose, and mimic anybody perfectly."

"Six is the wild card. They can change anybody's power to anything they desire. Luckily she is more a prankster then dangerous."

"Seven is Life. They can heal anybody of just about anything, even return them from death. To our knowledge they are also truly immortal..nothing can hurt them..let alone kill them. However, they can not cause harm to anybody"

"Eight is a seer. They can see the future, all possible futures."

"Nine we called nightshade. His touch is poison."

"Ten is War. His body is made of metal, and he can create explosions with a thought."

"Eleven we call Rewind. He can travel back into the past..with full knowledge of current events. There are rules he must abide with as well, but fewer then some."

"Twelve is a living battery. He can absorb any energy, even psychic or kinetic without harm..and then deliver it back 10 fold."

"Thirteen is luck. He can make anybody, even himself incredibly lucky, or incredibly unlucky."

"Fourteen is .. odd. The more damage she takes, the more powerful she gets..but the more healing she receives the weaker she gets. Seven could actually accidentally kill her by trying to heal her. We do not know what limits, if any she has."

"Fifteen .. stretches. Not a very useful power, but I guess all of the experiments can't be Two."

"Sixteen creates duplicates of themselves. Before we were put in the deep freeze, they could create twenty one copies..no way of telling how many duplicates might be possible.

"Seventeen likes to go by Amp. They can amplify anybody's power up to one hundred fold. This scared the technicians..especially when they considered how powerful two was already."

"Eighteen is the doorkeeper. They can open doorways to other dimensions, other worlds, and even the spirit realm."

"Nineteen is rebirth. Powerful regeneration, able to bring themselves back from just about anything. Though total destruction would prevent that. If even a fingernail is left, however, Nineteen will eventually be back."

"Twenty is death..the hunter. When somebody with a power dies, if Twenty is nearby..they can absorb that power. It must be within twenty four hours that twenty absorbs the power, but once Twenty has a power..they can keep it forever. Twenty's sole purpose .. was to eliminate us. They wanted a safety net in case we got out of hand..however, they could not control Twenty."
                Last edited by Mytical; 04-17-2011, 05:29 AM.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• When she mentions she will try to explain, Ananda scrambles for a notebook, and scribbles in her scratchy shorthand as quickly as possible, getting most of it-- finally thankful for douchey lecturers in college who didn't ever slow down.
                  There's a momentary pause as Ananda tries to ease the cramps from her hands, then she says, "I'm not sure if that Twenty guy's escaped... and I'm not sure I like calling you a number, but if that's what you want, then I will." Ananda looks back at Johnny and Whisper, and turns back to the woman. "Do you want to come with us, away from this warehouse? I can't imagine either Alex... I mean Alex or Alexis wanting you to do anything you don't want to-- they're actually kinda big on that." She smiles and holds out a hand. "Thank you very much for the information, ma'am."
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• One smiles and shakes Ananda's hand. "You may call me Gaia if that is better, and yes..I would like to leave here."

Comment

• Dele listens to Miss Biosphere-- no, One-- no, Gaia's descriptions of the rest of Project XX's successes with mounting dread. Many of those sounded extremely dangerous. It was no wonder she had wanted to be left in her tank and left alone.

"Thank you for the information, Gaia," he says. "We'll certainly try to, erm, keep you neutral in this. I don't know anything about the rest of them apart from Two, of course."

He turns to Johnny, Whisper, and Ananda. "Yeah, I think this definitely needs to be brought to the boss-man's attention..."
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• "Keep in mind that all but Twenty are friendly unless threatened." Notes Gaia.

Johnny nods and opens a portal. "Use this to get back to Headquarters. I have to go fetch the Amazon team." He opens another portal and steps through.

Comment

• Out at the Amazon, Kate sighs and asks, "So...no word of anybody yet?"
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Sam hops back down to all fours and sniffs around, then shakes her head.
                            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• About that time, a portal opens and Johnny steps out. "Sorry I am late .. we found something..and somebody. The others will fill you in once we reach the headquarters. Now..where is this thing?"

He goes in, and comes out moments later. "Ok it's at headquarters..but we may not want to wake this one up. The pod was marked as project three...which supposedly has the power of decay." He closes the one portal and opens another. "Everybody ready to go get debriefed?"

Comment

• "That would probably be a good thing to do." Kate stands up with a small stretch.
                                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X