Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ((Since Ananda was feeling nervous anyway, she really doesn't notice consciously)) "Best description?" Looking over to Rob, she asks, "and what do you mean, 'amazed at the level of description?" She cocks an eyebrow. "You guys have experimented, right?"
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "Yeah. But I more meant that 'change things' description. It's a bit... well, vague." And he's mainly losing his stride a bit, between the conversation and her projection.
      » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Kate shakes her head, still unconsciously projecting. "People don't like my experiments..."
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ananda's apprehensiveness ripples across the empathic aether (( whut? )) as she nods to both Kate's statement--"Yeeahh..." and Rob's. "Yeah. Sometimes I forget who knows what." She pauses again. "I've killed someone without touching them, and the autopsy didn't uncover why, I've made a dog run away, and I can charge batteries. Unless I have more than one mutation, that's the best explanation I can come up with."
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "You...killed someone?" The apprehension's getting added to the mix then.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "I've come close... granted, I nearly got myself killed, too."

Comment

• Kate gets a wave of anger as Ananda looks a bit unhappy and tense "Yeah. He was planning on killing me and my friend. Remember that thing that happened back in April, Seattle U? I was in there."
                EDIT: Rob's answer redirects Ananda's attention a bit, and she replies "With forcefields? How'd you nearly kill yourself?"

Comment

• Kate visibly winces, both at the statement and at the emotion. "I'm sorry."
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• She shrugs quickly and mutters before Rob answers, "he was probably a jerk anyway."

Comment

• Rob pauses a bit as things get a little awkward. Between the reaction and probably some empath backlash. "Well... remember I said they were electromagnetic? Force fields and flight are just the main thing, but I can do more. Like the time I nearly killed myself and another guy was when I found out I can basically do force lightning, like in Star Wars. I just can't aim it. At all."

Comment

• Kate's torn between a wave of sympathy for Ananda and a "blink wut" kind of emotion at Rob's. And it's very obvious in her mannerisms and the unconscious feedback.
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Despite the confusion of her ((and others')) emotions, that gets a snort of laughter from Ananda. "I can't see lightning being easy, so yeah. That's so cool though."

Comment

• "I'm sure it will be if I can ever manage to control it."

Comment

• And at Ananda's laugh, Kate starts calming down. Finally noticing what she's been doing, she stops the feedback with a small blush. "I'm sure they know ways to help you learn that." She gestures towards their recruiters.
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ananda looks over again at where the agents are still talking themselves. "I'm pretty sure training's got to be part of it..."
                                ((EDIT: hey I think I'm getting the hang of this conversationy-back and forth in threads...))
                                Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-17-2011, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X