Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You put HOW much through on raincheck?

short background: supermarket. That's all I can say.

As with most stores, we do offer rainchecks on our sale items. Customer gets a slip, hands it to us, we do what we have to do, slip stays with us. There is a certain maximum of how much they are able to get with the sale item.

Yesterday I overheard two of te managers arguing. Seems that someone had a customer that requested a raincheck for something or other. (I'm thinking pepsi or the longlife milk) Most rainchecks are between 2 and 24. This raincheck was for FOUR HUNDRED. I am not kidding.

I really can't wait to see how this is going....
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

>.<

I doubt that will end well.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Someone gave me a raincheck for 300 of something once. It had been approved at a different one of our stores. Manager said to take it, but as there weren't 300 of the item in the store, they were limited to the number they bought TODAY. And in any case, our policy is to confiscate the raincheck no matter how much of it was not redeemed.

Of course the SCs complained when they couldn't get 300, and when they weren't given the raincheck back after buying only 12. (We had more than 12 of it too; obviously they were trying to stretch the check out even though we don't take rubber ones.)

After the order, they went straight to the desk to complain some more. It eventually came out that they had placed a special order with the other store for 300 of whatever it was, but the other store was refusing to actually buy that much for the SCs. (Well who would? Especially as they don't SEEM to want to buy 300 at a time...)

Then they asked over the phone if the item was in and were told it WAS. But the manager they talked to didn't know about the "special order" of 300 which was not placed anyway, and was just saying the item itself was in stock.

Some stores just aren't set up for huge bulk orders. (Shrug smiley goes here.)
      Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

This has "scammer/reseller" written all over it.....
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I was thinking more or less reseller, since scammers are very rare at my store and there are a few small delis and businesses nearby that sell that sort of stuff.

When we get certain deals, we do get people stocking up on the stuff in huge quanities, but not 400....>.>
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
          X