• Show
Clear All

• From Billy and Gloria

I got a cute phone call just a couple minutes ago:

Me: The lovely Evil One
    G: "Gloria"
    GST: Guest

Me: <opening spiel>
    G: Hi EQ, this is Gloria in Oklahoma. I have a request for you.
    Me: uh, okay. Shoot.
    G: We have a friend that's staying there for business and his beloved Texas team is loosing the game. Can you send him a box of tissues with a note saying "From Billy and Gloria in Oklahoma"? He'll know what it is. I already sent him a text message asking if he wanted us to FedEX him some tissues.
    Me: Sure.

So I get their friends' name, look up his room number and deliver the tissues with a pink post-it. The guest looked at the box and mutters "those punks!" while laughing.

I all the way back down the elevator.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

*checks game score*

Alabama 24, Texas 6.

Well, whaddaya know, Alabama is taking Texas apart. Like I didn't see that coming from a mile away.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Can you say "total annihilation"?
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

That's TOTALLY something I would do!! Hell, when the Cowboys were getting beat up (when isn't that happening, btw?) I gave my sister a kitchen towel that mama had written on in sharpie "Cowboy's Crying Towel" And she ironed on a Cowboy applique patch. Gave it to the she-beast and told her she was going to need it all season.

Course, now apparently you can buy those things for a lot more than what we spent on our little project...

Comment

Alabama definitely has a good team. But the game would have been totally different if Colt McCoy hadn't gotten hurt. Ya gotta have your best players out there in those types of games. It's hard to play with a freshman quarterback who has been riding the bench all year.

Comment

*sniff* You just had to bring up that game didn't you. Damn McCoy just HAD to get hurt!

Comment

Being an Aggie and an imported Texan, I have to admit to very ambivalent feelings about last week's game....

As an Aggie graduate, I feel obligated to encourage anyone who can beat t.u. (since we evidently have started hiring out on that particular obligation)
              But as a Texan, I also feel obligated in general to support Texas sports teams over the other states, so that would have to include the Longhorns.

As a fun side note, last Thursday was the first time for both (a) me actually sitting down and paying attention to a football game of any nature, and (b) me beginning to learn what the rules were and how you're supposed to actually play football. So that was an interesting evening.

Comment

Quoth Ashaela View Post
                As a fun side note, last Thursday was the first time for both (a) me actually sitting down and paying attention to a football game of any nature, and (b) me beginning to learn what the rules were and how you're supposed to actually play football. So that was an interesting evening.
                that was me last year!

I still don't understand most of the rules and still rarely watch any games. BUt I do understand it a lot better than I use to.

Comment

I was in my high school's marching band. I didn't have a choice about watching football games.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X