Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why you should always make sure your cell phone key pad is locked...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you should always make sure your cell phone key pad is locked...

So me and a coworker were both off today and since the weather was pretty nice out today we went to the zoo in DC. Well she had problems finding my house so as I walked out to street to meet her I was talking on phone. When I got to her car I hung up didnt think about it and stuck phone in my back pocket. Apparently in 30 minutes time I pocket dialed my boss 5 times. During this time we both talked about how much we dont like working at store and some other interesting topics. Didnt realize I had crank called him until he got tired of the pocket dialing and called. Me and the manager do not get along at all. I am waiting for job market to pick up before I leave and he can't find any one who is willing to do all the work I do for so cheap. Can't wait to go in tomorrow for truck to see whats said. Lol

Ouch.

One of my bosses was butt-dialing the company a few weeks back. If I could have identified whose phone was doing it, I could have called them to let them know it was happening. Never did figure it out.

My phone requires too much pressure on the buttons for me to end up doing that, thankfully.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I try to always keep the key pad on my cell locked, but with the key pad lock I can still dial 911 without having to unlock the keypad. Thankfully that combination has only been hit once while the cell was in my pocket.

Comment

And that is why I always had a flip phone when I had a cell. No accidental dialing from your pocket.

Comment

Ugh; our work phone is not flip style and the pressure of the waist of your coat can turn it off! Not a good thing in security! Not to mention it drops calls like crazy. Hope your boss isn't too upset!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I use to have a Treo 650 for my work cell. When locked, it can still dial 911. I am embarrassed by the number of calls I made.

The best one though... I had a 10 minute voice message on my phone from a former boss. He was in a bar trying to talk his way out of a bar fight. Someone was threatening to kick his ass.
            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
            Save the Ales!
            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

CEO pocket dials us CONSTANTLY. She's been known to do it five times in a day. Which is odd, considering she almost always wears dresses or skirts....hmmm....
              "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

my nephew pocket dialed me once
                but now he can't ... one of the gifts he got (birthday i think) was a tracfone like mine, where it flips closed

can't remember if i ever pocket dialed anyone. if i did, no one has ever told me about it

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
                  And that is why I always had a flip phone when I had a cell. No accidental dialing from your pocket.
                  That or sliders!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                    CEO pocket dials us CONSTANTLY. She's been known to do it five times in a day. Which is odd, considering she almost always wears dresses or skirts....hmmm....
                    Does she have the ringer set on "vibrate" ?
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I once fell asleep with my phone unlocked and in my hand. I managed to lean on the last number button and sent the voice mail of the lady I was then involved with a long recording of me snoring! At 2 am!

Fortunately her phone was on silent so as not to wake her husband up. That could have been messy to explain.
                      Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Makes me glad my phone is a flip phone so no chance of butt dialing. My best friend/co-worker, S, once actually "Butt texted" me when she was still working at Subway and I was at home. She had just sent me a normal text before this but then I got another text and it was a bunch of nonsensical letters and characters so I replied to her telling her "I think you are butt texting me". I had to let her know because she was using a pre-paid phone that would charge for every text.

Then my other friend's mom ended up butt dialing me when she was at work. I answer my phone and I could hear her talking to her co-workers and she had no idea she butt dialed me. After a few unsucessful "hellos", I hung up.
                        My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                        My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                          I use to have a Treo 650 for my work cell. When locked, it can still dial 911. I am embarrassed by the number of calls I made.

The best one though... I had a 10 minute voice message on my phone from a former boss. He was in a bar trying to talk his way out of a bar fight. Someone was threatening to kick his ass.

I totally would have recorded that vmail onto my computer, or some other archival means for... um... potential future use.

Comment

Working...
                          X