This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheard...

...just heard our receptionist tell a prospective member that our website "password-friendly."

does that even mean???

From the way she's explaining it, she just means that all the good stuff is password-protected. But why say "password-friendly"??
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
    But why say "password-friendly"??
    For that warm fuzzy feeling?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
      But why say "password-friendly"??

For the same reason that management insists on calling customers "guests," I suppose.

People will come up with all sorts of nonsense to try to make their businesses seem friendlier and more comfortable.
      “Excuse me. Is this bracelet real jade?”
      “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
      “I don’t know.”
      “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

Quoth Anthony K. S. View Post
        For the same reason that management insists on calling customers "guests," I suppose.

People will come up with all sorts of nonsense to try to make their businesses seem friendlier and more comfortable.

...and at Sam's Club the customers are called "Members".

Comment

For the same reason that management insists on calling customers "guests,"
          I see you've used quotes. I like to use air quotes when I say it, since a true guest would not do the stuff our customers do to us.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

User friendly, yes but password friendly?!!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

perhaps the convo actually went

"...and the website password is 'friendly'."
              Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

The federal minister for health over here started calling hospital patients "customers" at a press conference a while back. Some joker in the crowd called out that with the current state of affairs they should be called punters.
                Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Maybe she's related to CEO and is as non-sensical as she is?
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

They really are (l)user friendly...

All passwords are one letter or less
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                      ...and at Sam's Club the customers are called "Members".
                      As I pay for a membership that grants the ability to shop there for the price on the shelf, it is used appropriately in that case. The same as paying for a membership to a workout center or anything else you might have to pay for long-term use of services.

However, I have always disagreed with the term "guest" replacing a paying customer/member. I hold my guests to a certain standard of behavior, and would kick them out of my home/car/whatever if they persisted in the behaviors I see repeated on these boards.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                      X