This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR people--Need help!

Yesterday evening, corporate HR left me a voicemail message. I didn't get it until about 15 minutes ago.

They wanted me to call back so they could "get some information from me." The message told me to choose option 2 when calling. So I called back, and found out that option 2 is employee relations.

So now I'm thinking somebody made a complaint about me.

When I called, everybody at that department was gone for the day so I had to either leave a voicemail message or call the emergency employee relations number. I left a message. Then I called the emergency number.

The lady there told me it probably wasn't anything I should be worrying about. They might just be looking for feedback on something. She asked if it was okay for them to call me back at work tomorrow and I told them it was.

So my question is if you had received an HR complaint about somebody, would you call that person like this and ask to get information from them? Like their side of the incident? Or would a call like this mean nothing pertaining to an HR issue somebody might have with you?

I'm just keeping Wagegoth's law of HR in mind here--if somebody complained about me, I'm going to be in trouble.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

At this point I'd try not to worry about it. If there is a complaint, worrying isn't going to change anything and it's only going to give you indigestion and a crappy night's rest.

I don't know how your workplace is set up, but complaints are usually handled one-on-one with either HR or management. That way you get the full benefit of feeling itty bitty and useless and you can be asked to sign the relevant paperwork.

If corporate HR called you and left a general message, I'd almost expect it to be a paperwork issue. Don't expect a sudden pay increase (sorry to disappoint ), but probably something to do with tax filing, vacation hours, workers comp, etc. Right now is when corporate is getting it's yearly financials and employee W-2 forms together. Try not to be too concerned about it.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Could could they just be needing more information on the Captain?

Comment

Well, you can all rest easy. I'm not in any trouble. They were calling for information about an incident I happened to witness.

I'm not going to discuss it further. Even though it may already be settled.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That's probably a good idea.
          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
          X