This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress walking into work

This is just me ranting and babbling about what happened at work. No sucky customers and the coworkers/managers weren't really sucky.

I hate that I get stressed so easily. I'm a people pleaser, and I try to be a multi-tasker too, so combining the two really can stress me out.

I went into work the other day, and I was working in electronics. I saw the DM back there, so I was already preparing to be really fake and super happy and ask all the questions I need to customers.

I smiled at him and went to switch with the woman who was leaving.

So, first the lady was trying to tell me something. So I was listening to her. Then over my shoulder I hear the SM, who walked back there, or the DM say something to me. The lady is still trying to talk to me about something she wants me to do, and then I have the DM trying to talk to me or ask me something, and everyone was talking at the same time and it was stressing me out so much.

When I get stressed, embarrassed, or any strong emotion really, my face gets EXTREMELY red and hot within seconds, I can't control it and it just happens. I can't hide my emotions well because of that. So all that stress plus the fact that I knew my face was red made me feel embarrassed.

It was not the best first 10 minutes at work I've had, that's for sure.

Although I think that had to be the first time the DM talked to me in the 2 years I've worked there.

I'm sure no one even noticed your face in their efforts to get across what they were saying. Now, if you worked with my CW R, that would be a different story. That boy is way too concerned about my skin and makeup, which is another thread altogether.

Anyway, most people are too wrapped up in themselves to notice how you're feeling.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Summerfly413 View Post
      So, first the lady was trying to tell me something. So I was listening to her. Then over my shoulder I hear the SM, who walked back there, or the DM say something to me. The lady is still trying to talk to me about something she wants me to do, and then I have the DM trying to talk to me or ask me something, and everyone was talking at the same time and it was stressing me out so much.
      Wait, wait, wait. So SM/DM started talking to you when you were clearly helping a customer? How rude not only to you but the customer!

This is when one learns to tune out the interruptosaurus until it is their turn.

People do this all the time at the pharmacy. For some reason, they seem to think that if they just have a question, it's fine to interrupt. Nope, sorry, it's rude and I will ignore your ass.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one who turns beet red when flustered. Also if I'm working quickly and getting my heartrate up, or am experiencing after-lunch sleepiness, or am getting warm, or if I scratched even a little at my neck, etc. My cheeks turn rosy red (never ever need blush!) and my neck gets all splotchy like a rash. No it doesn't hurt and yes it will go away shortly.

Yes I have sensitive skin, which is why my winter scarf turns my neck red.
        No I am not allergic. It's contact flushing, if you will.
        No I do not have high blood pressure.
        Nor am I ready to faint.
        No, I'm not really upset (usually )
        No, I really don't have high blood pressure
        No I'm not overheating, I'm just a little warm
        No it's not a hot flash, I just passed 30. WTF
        My blood pressure is fine I tell you!
        It's not a rash.
        Really
        Yes I'm fine, including my blood pressure
        *sigh*

One time I had bad food poisoning, and my sis told me she knew I was sick because I was pale.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          Wait, wait, wait. So SM/DM started talking to you when you were clearly helping a customer? How rude not only to you but the customer!

This is when one learns to tune out the interruptosaurus until it is their turn.

People do this all the time at the pharmacy. For some reason, they seem to think that if they just have a question, it's fine to interrupt. Nope, sorry, it's rude and I will ignore your ass.
          It was the employee I was switching with who was also talking to me, not a customer. She was explaining what she'd like me to do that night. I'm so bad at explaining situations, my bad.

--bainsidhe-I don't seem to get that bad(though I never wear scarves or anything my neck so maybe that could happen). I'm 19, so I know it's not hot flashes, but it sure feels that way sometimes.
          A lot of times, especially just going into work lately for no reason, my chest flushes and looks rashy, but I don't feel anything except a little warmth and it goes away.
          Blood pressure is fine as far as I know. It just happens and I can't help it. I hate it!

And yeah, no one seemed to notice my face, or say anything about it anyway. Which is good because pointing it out to me would've just made it worse

Comment

Actually mine isn't that bad and doesn't happen all the time. Mostly it's just my cheeks that stay rosy year-round. When I do turn red I look like I'm utterly embarrassed (even if I'm not) because my ears and cheeks turn RED and my neck gets all splotchy. If I'm really upset, my arms will start getting splotchy too. Most people don't notice except my coworkers who see me all the time. They're also the ones most concerned about my health and blood pressure. I should be grateful for such caring coworkers I guess.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              Yes I have sensitive skin, which is why my winter scarf turns my neck red.
              No I am not allergic. It's contact flushing, if you will.
              No I do not have high blood pressure.
              Nor am I ready to faint.
              No, I'm not really upset (usually )
              No, I really don't have high blood pressure
              No I'm not overheating, I'm just a little warm
              No it's not a hot flash, I just passed 30. WTF
              My blood pressure is fine I tell you!
              It's not a rash.
              Really
              Yes I'm fine, including my blood pressure
              *sigh*
              It's called rosacea - completely harmless
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                It's called rosacea - completely harmless
                Also referred to as the "curse of Celts". I have it, too. I just simply don't care anymore. If some stranger is crass enough to say anything about it, they get a very dry, textbook explanation.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  Also referred to as the "curse of Celts".
                  That explains so much!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

tell them you're in training to pick up vampires?

Comment

Working...
                    X